WIP Party Time & other stuff by DenX

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
DenX

WIP Party Time & other stuff by DenX

Post by DenX »

Hi everyone !

I started a project named Party Time using TVPaint and would like to share its process through membership platforms.

Here's an introduction:

Contributors can get all scenes in HD as they are made, watch mini-making-of from each shot and download the original files in TVPP format.

You can take a look at it here in English language: https://www.patreon.com/DenX

Salut à tous !

Je me suis lancé dans un projet nommé Party Time en utilisant TVPAint et je voudrais en partager les coulisses au travers de plate-formes participatives.
Les donateurs auront accès à toutes les scènes en HD au fur et à mesure, à des mini-making-of de chaque plan et pourront télécharger les fichiers originaux au format TVPP.

Venez donc jeter un œil par ici en version Française: https://www.tipeee.com/denx
Last edited by DenX on 21 Aug 2018, 06:01, edited 2 times in total.
Elodie

Re: WIP Party Time

Post by Elodie »

Cooooool ! :D Benjamin will share the link on Facebook and other social media tomorrow.

So you animate in TVPaint and then print your frames and clean them on paper ?
DenX

Post by DenX »

Elodie wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 09:24Cooooool ! :D Benjamin will share the link on Facebook and other social media tomorrow.
Merci !
Elodie wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 09:24So you animate in TVPaint and then print your frames and clean them on paper ?
Not exactly.

With paper and ink, there's no eraser, no undo, but somehow I find it easier to get the result I want. Sometimes, having too much possibilities can be a drag.
After the rough pass on TVPaint, I print the main key poses to ink them on paper and use that as reference for the rest of the cleaning process back in TVPaint.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Ok ! That's an interesting workflow. A friend of mine is to direct a feature film and she's struggling between TVPaint efficiency and the genuine quality of the ink on paper. I will suggest her this workflow, thanks !
DenX

Post by DenX »

I don't know if it's the best solution but it works fine for me.
Following the inked references makes my work in TVPaint much faster because the "guideline" is already extablished.
I do make some changes when it's necessary but it's minor details in general.

By the way, I use TVP tutorial recorder a lot for the making-of material.
I'm amazed how easy it is to use and how well it works on my 10+ years old computer.

I tried other animation softwares on my day-job but TVPAint is by far the lightest and most user-friendly in my opinion.
The only thing I miss is the CTG layer from v11 Pro (wich is awesome) but out of that I don't regret getting a personnal licence at all as I still discover great tools after years of use !
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you very much for your compliments about TVPaint o^_^o
DenX wrote: 02 Nov 2017, 05:59 but out of that I don't regret getting a personnal licence at all as I still discover great tools after years of use !
Haha ! You know what ? Even us, the TVPaint staff, has something new to learn in with our software (either because of animators' habits or because of tools that can have unexpected uses) :D
DenX

Post by DenX »

Well, it's good to see program developers actually interested in what users do instead of adding stuff that no one asked and breaking what was working before.
Unfortunately, that happens a lot, especially with 3D softwares.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

DenX wrote: 02 Nov 2017, 10:39 Well, it's good to see program developers actually interested in what users do instead of adding stuff that no one asked and breaking what was working before.
One of the things I LOVE about TVPaint and the people at TVPaint Development Co. !

Interesting that you rough out your work in TVPaint , then print it out to paper to ink the keys ... a few years ago I heard about someone else doing that , although I forget now what it was for ... I also know a few comic books artists who do all their roughs digitally (easy to make changes , correct compositions, lay in rough dialogue balloons) then they print their roughs in non-photo blue color on bristol board and ink it by hand with a brush or nib pen , then scan the finished inked work back into the computer for coloring.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
DenX

Post by DenX »

Yes, it's more or less the same thing i do.

I came to that idea because when I draw on computer, I can spend all day on a single drawing, sculpting the lines with the eraser... just because it's possible !
So using paper and ink is also a way to outsmart that stupid habit of mine.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

So using paper and ink is also a way to outsmart that stupid habit of mine.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You made my day DenX (and it's only 7am !)
One of the things I LOVE about TVPaint and the people at TVPaint Development Co. !
Thank you David. After all these years, TVPaint Développement has been evolving a lot and, as you know, we've been through several terrible moments. But despite these events I'm glad that we've been focusing on a single goal : to satisfy our users both with a good product and an efficient technical support.
So thank you David (DenX) for confirming we're still going to the right direction :D
DenX

Post by DenX »

You're welcome. ^_^
DenX

Post by DenX »

Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Nice ! :D
DenX

Post by DenX »

Thanks !

Next scene should be even better... if I manage to do it right. ^_^'
Cardin

Post by Cardin »

Fluid 2d animation and zombies. Perfect.

Well, The Walking Dead tv series keeps getting worse so I'm definitely looking forward to this :D
TVPaint 11 Pro(11.7.2-64bits) Nov 14, 2023 Release
System: i9-13900K, 128GB RAM, Intel Arc A770(16GB), Win 11 (Ver. 10.0.22621 Build 22621)
Wacom Cintiq 4K (Driver 6.4.5-5 Jan 25, 2024)