lame lemec's drawings!

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
lemec

Post by lemec »

Denmark and Sweden -- if only I didn't have to come back so soon I really would have liked to see Paris and visit all their comic book stores again...
(Win7x64, TVP Pro 11 32-bit)
ubik

and Brussels

Post by ubik »

some miles more far, there is a little land with a great town and you're welcome to drink a cup of coffee... (or another...)
"Les amis, tout doit disparaître! Nous soldons la totalité de nos Ubiks électriques, silencieux, à des prix défiants toute concurrence."
lemec

Post by lemec »

Ah I love europe.... some day when I am successful in my business I'm going to have to visit again... (although I'm already planning to see Italy again next year. Perhaps I can visit a few other places along the way...)
Attachments
Drapery Study 02
Drapery Study 02
drapery_02.jpg (29.17 KiB) Viewed 37019 times
Drapery Study 03
Drapery Study 03
drapery_03.jpg (60.47 KiB) Viewed 37022 times
Drapery Study 04
Drapery Study 04
drapery_04.jpg (37.34 KiB) Viewed 37019 times
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

if you feel "narrow" when you're working on your Wacom Cintiq 18SX :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmlIx6SHTGo&eurl=

8)
A1

Post by A1 »

What will remain of the nostalgic vandalism of drawing on your desk, i ask you. Progress? No sir!
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

lemec wrote:Denmark and Sweden -- if only I didn't have to come back so soon I really would have liked to see Paris and visit all their comic book stores again...
if you come back in Paris, I will give you some good adresses : American, french or japanese book shops :wink:

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.
lemec

Post by lemec »

It looks like it's working off of a projection (you can see the image being projected on him, and there's a very conspicuous shadow).

In addition, it seems to be solely touch-sensitive, the cursor doesn't move unless his stylus is pressing down, unlike the Wacom tablet which allows you to hover your stylus...
lemec

Post by lemec »

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to continue posting using the new gallery system...

http://www.tvpaint.com/galerie/displayi ... m=24&pos=1
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

For the last one with Nausicaä I think there is some problems of color. Maybe some more saturated color?
But I like your drawing :wink:
Ex TVPaint Team
ZigOtto

Nausicäa

Post by ZigOtto »

is this drawing from a serie of a (planed?) story you have in mind ?

btw, I like your achitectural view, but why does she seem so upset?
she has a little friend, and a gun, just enough to be happy, no? :)
lemec

Post by lemec »

Thanks guys --

ZigOtto >> ah, it's probably just my own look of consternation that tends to show through on whoever I'm drawing...

Anyways, I've decided that I suck at painting. One of the things I realized about traditional media that makes it look well, traditional, is that the brushes run out of paint and need "loading" and they pick up other paints underneath and so there's a lot of varying colour. If you're aware of these things, you can use them to your advantage, and achieve a great deal of attractive effects.

The wonderful thing about digital media is that you can just pick a colour and nail it and get consistency -- but sometimes that consistency can make things look flat and otherwise boring! SO....

I have added a "dirty" mode for the PPalette aggressive autosampler. What this does is it picks up colour (just like the pressure-sensitive eyedropper) but in mid-stroke! The harder you press, the faster it picks up the colour. In some ways I feel like my brush really does get soiled somewhat with other paints on the canvas, and I can achieve some really nice colour variations!
Attachments
cloudtest.jpg
cloudtest.jpg (22.57 KiB) Viewed 36537 times
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

lemec wrote: I have added a "dirty" mode for the PPalette aggressive autosampler. What this does is it picks up colour (just like the pressure-sensitive eyedropper) but in mid-stroke! The harder you press, the faster it picks up the colour. In some ways I feel like my brush really does get soiled somewhat with other paints on the canvas, and I can achieve some really nice colour variations!
That's a good idea. :D
Is there already a new version of the PPalette ?

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

lemec wrote: I have added a "dirty" mode for the PPalette aggressive autosampler. What this does is it picks up colour (just like the pressure-sensitive eyedropper) but in mid-stroke! The harder you press, the faster it picks up the colour. In some ways I feel like my brush really does get soiled somewhat with other paints on the canvas, and I can achieve some really nice colour variations!
great idea!
just like the oilbrush in ArtRage2

in photoshop i love the way you can set the range of color(Hue/Luminance/saturation)variation from which the brush will pick its color continuously random, which is also a great way to prevent that synthetic look

...one for the feature request list
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
lemec

Post by lemec »

Well there's one more thing I'd like to add before I release ppalette again -- and that's a "brush loading" function. I'm going to have to code sections to alter the brush opacity in mid-stroke so the brush becomes more and more transparent as you paint (taking into account the speed and pressure of the stroke), as well as some adjustment functions to alter how fast the brush gets soiled or 'emptied'...
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

...and if you rotate your pen it gets loaded again (like paint that accumulates to the side of the brush)
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM