CB PAINT 2 question for the developers

A forum dedicated to MacroSystem CBPaint.
Lou Bruno

CB PAINT 2 question for the developers

Post by Lou Bruno »

There seems to be two functions lacking in CB PAINT 2 that were in CB PAINT 1:

.The ability to scrub the video layer timeline Via the mouse or arrow key as in CB PAINT 1 where the frames are visible in the interface monitor.

I can only observe the VIDEO SCRUBBING on the RECORD side monitor and NOT the LCD VGA interface monitor In CB PAINT2. Again, we had this ability in CB PAINT 1.

.Observing icons within an extended ANIM layer NOW involves using the dropdown CUSTOM menu and then engaging the NAVIGATION panel and "clicking" on a scissor icon. This icon allows the use of the below procedure. It appears that another step was added.

In CB PAINT 1, the user simply right clicked on the layer to observe ALL of the icons.

I am able to cut and paste the scissor icon and replace same with a RED button I made from an ANIM LAYER.... which I dock on the toolbar. However, this configuration is gone when CB PAINT 2 is RECONFIGURED from the CB PAINT start-up menu in the scene bin.

If there is a solution to the above or I am doing something wrong, please advise us. If not, maybe an upgrade is necessary.

Thanks for having this new forum area specifically for CB PAINT users.

Thank you...Lou Bruno
Mike

Re: CB PAINT 2 question for the developers

Post by Mike »

Hello Lou,
Lou Bruno wrote: The ability to scrub the video layer timeline Via the mouse or arrow key as in CB PAINT 1 where the frames are visible in the interface monitor.

I can only observe the VIDEO SCRUBBING on the RECORD side monitor and NOT the LCD VGA interface monitor In CB PAINT2. Again, we had this ability in CB PAINT 1.
Yes, you're right. Maybe a thing to change. :)

Lou Bruno wrote: .Observing icons within an extended ANIM layer NOW involves using the dropdown CUSTOM menu and then engaging the NAVIGATION panel and "clicking" on a scissor icon. This icon allows the use of the below procedure. It appears that another step was added.

In CB PAINT 1, the user simply right clicked on the layer to observe ALL of the icons.
I don't know if you have "edit" the scissor icon, but you can see that the aim of this icon is to break the instances of a layer.
So, each image of the layer becomes "independant" and have its own icon, but the state of the layer changes.
But it's true, if you have a big instance, the image isn't repeated inside this instance. Is this your problem ?

Lou Bruno wrote: I am able to cut and paste the scissor icon and replace same with a RED button I made from an ANIM LAYER.... which I dock on the toolbar. However, this configuration is gone when CB PAINT 2 is RECONFIGURED from the CB PAINT start-up menu in the scene bin.
If by "reconfigured" you mean "reset config", it's normal that all the custom panels are destroyed, and the default panels are reloaded at the start of CBP2.

Bye.
TVPaint Team
Volker

Post by Volker »

Regarindg the "scrubbing on VGA" didn't you remove this to enhance the overall performance of the software?

I had to work with CBPaint 1 for a couple of days now and I feel that CBPaint 2 works more fluently and smoother on the same Casablanca.
Refreshing the VGA may take some major CPU power.
Maybe you can add a switchable option for this feature so everyone is happy !? :lol:
Volker Hill

CBPaint 1+2, Casablanca Solitaire, Enterprise MAX, Bogart SE
TVPaint Animation Pro 9, Wacom Intuos 3
Lou Bruno

Post by Lou Bruno »

Yes.....I think having the ability (break) to observe icons in an Anim layer (Instance) is very helpful,; especially a single long layer. In regards to scrubbing, VOLKER has a good idea as it relates to an option.

Video scrubbing is needed especially for those editors using a single VGA system.

Thank you for your consideration. This is an excellent board.

Lou Bruno

Mike wrote:Hello Lou,
Lou Bruno wrote: The ability to scrub the video layer timeline Via the mouse or arrow key as in CB PAINT 1 where the frames are visible in the interface monitor.

Yes, you're right. Maybe a thing to change. :)

Lou Bruno wrote: .Observing icons within an extended ANIM layer NOW involves using the dropdown CUSTOM menu and then engaging the NAVIGATION panel and "clicking" on a scissor icon. This icon allows the use of the below procedure. It appears that another step was added.

I don't know if you have "edit" the scissor icon, but you can see that the aim of this icon is to break the instances of a layer.
So, each image of the layer becomes "independant" and have its own icon, but the state of the layer changes.
But it's true, if you have a big instance, the image isn't repeated inside this instance. Is this your problem ?

Lou Bruno wrote: I am able to cut and paste the scissor icon and replace same with a RED button I made from an ANIM LAYER.... which I dock on the toolbar. However, this configuration is gone when CB PAINT 2 is RECONFIGURED from the CB PAINT start-up menu in the scene bin.
If by "reconfigured" you mean "reset config", it's normal that all the custom panels are destroyed, and the default panels are reloaded at the start of CBP2.

Bye.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Lou Bruno wrote: In regards to scrubbing, VOLKER has a good idea as it relates to an option.

Video scrubbing is needed especially for those editors using a single VGA system.
You absolutely right about the single VGA system. And so it will be done.
I will add an option to enable/disable the refresh of the project on the VGA screen during scrubbing in 2 monitor mode :)
TVPaint Team
Lou Bruno

Post by Lou Bruno »

Thanks...I think that is very important as well as right clicking on a layer and observing ALL ICONS of an ANIM layer.... rather than using BREAK INSTANCE.

Also throw in a deinterlace menu and this would be excellent.

I am really enjoying CB PAINT 2 and the upgrades are as we say in the USA.................................. "AWESOME."
Mike wrote:
Lou Bruno wrote: In regards to scrubbing, VOLKER has a good idea as it relates to an option.

You absolutely right about the single VGA system. And so it will be done.
I will add an option to enable/disable the refresh of the project on the VGA screen during scrubbing in 2 monitor mode :)