Despeckle to reduce video grain

A forum dedicated to MacroSystem CBPaint.
Lou Bruno

Despeckle to reduce video grain

Post by Lou Bruno »

Is there a method to reduce video grain which is the result of a low-lit scene similiar to DESPECKLE found in PhotoShop? Below are two video fram captures. The sky has produced grain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

hi Lou,

* Select the sky with the select tool,
* Try to use the FX : Blur > Median Blur > mode Edge Double
* Use values between 1 and 5.

It should do the job, without loosing too much informations on the picture. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fabrice Debarge
Volker

Post by Volker »

Hey Lou,
I don't see any video grain on those shots :?:
Maybe your monitor does not display "true colors" and you see color nuances instead of a smooth gradient between the dark colors.
I have a TFT monitor here that show for example gray- and blue shades in visible steps. The same footage looks much more natural on a CRT monitor. Just wondering...
Volker Hill

CBPaint 1+2, Casablanca Solitaire, Enterprise MAX, Bogart SE
TVPaint Animation Pro 9, Wacom Intuos 3
Lou Bruno

Post by Lou Bruno »

Actually the sky has much grain which is visible in the higher resolution and not the enclosed compressed version.
Volker wrote:Hey Lou,
I don't see any video grain on those shots :?:
Maybe your monitor does not display "true colors" and you see color nuances instead of a smooth gradient between the dark colors.
I have a TFT monitor here that show for example gray- and blue shades in visible steps. The same footage looks much more natural on a CRT monitor. Just wondering...