SE 8 and CB PAINT-SD MODE NON-FUNCTIONING

A forum dedicated to MacroSystem CBPaint.
Lou Bruno

SE 8 and CB PAINT-SD MODE NON-FUNCTIONING

Post by Lou Bruno »

Smart Edit 8 has been released. As you know this is the new Macrosystem OS. PLEASE be advised that CB PAINT 2 will not function when rendered OUT to a standard definition scene bin. CB PAINT 2 only works with HDV, which requires a long rendering process plus a downconvert to SD. This is NOT the way it is suppose to operate. CB PAINT 2 worked fine in the prior releases operating systems which is not NOT LINUX based like the new "S" series of editors. We users payed a "pretty-penny" for CB PAINT 2.

ALSO......How are we developing CB PAINT 2 for our "S"4000 models? Seems like a long wait.

The above is very important as we are customers of both you and MS!!!

Thank you in advance for a reply.
Volker

Re: SE 8 and CB PAINT-SD MODE NON-FUNCTIONING

Post by Volker »

I already got a new beta-version of CBPaint 2 here for Smart Edit 8. And it works fine with Smart Edit 8.
I think this version can soon be released.
Volker Hill

CBPaint 1+2, Casablanca Solitaire, Enterprise MAX, Bogart SE
TVPaint Animation Pro 9, Wacom Intuos 3
Lou Bruno

Post by Lou Bruno »

Thank you Mr. Hill for your posting. This is a much needed upgrade. Many customers will be happy to hear this news.

Hopefully, we will see CB PAINT 2 included with our new "S" MODELS. It is always good to see a representative of a company on techincal Bulletin Boards.
Alan

Post by Alan »

I've had my S4000pro for over six months and have had to postpone projects since then. CBpaint is most important to me, its release 'soon' might as well be never. Macrosystem seem to have no idea how to look after their customers. All they have to do is simply tell us what the problems are, and say up front, 'it may take six months'. It must be a nightmare for our dealers having to give excuses to their customers. They are the ones in the firing line, come on Macrosystem support your dealers, they are the ones who have the future of your business in their hands.

As we just found out in SE8 and CBpaint why does it have to be the customer who finds out a product does not work?

Cheers Alan in the UK.