CB Paint 2 for Bogart Development

A forum dedicated to MacroSystem CBPaint.
Paris Fox

CB Paint 2 for Bogart Development

Post by Paris Fox »

Hi TV Paint Team,

Now that TV Paint 9.5 is released I have become more interested in CB Paint 2 for my Casablanca which I spent a lot of money on. What makes the new or what would make the new Bogart SE run machines special is the ability to work with CB Paint 2. This program is what makes the machine worth working on, especially complex animations, effects and an interface that is intuitive and delightful, not to mention very POWERFUL.

Please consider the Casablanca users for further Development of CB Paint 2 for Bogart SE machines.

Thank you!
Jack.B

Re: CB Paint 2 for Bogart Development

Post by Jack.B »

Paris Fox wrote:Hi TV Paint Team,

Now that TV Paint 9.5 is released I have become more interested in CB Paint 2 for my Casablanca which I spent a lot of money on. What makes the new or what would make the new Bogart SE run machines special is the ability to work with CB Paint 2. This program is what makes the machine worth working on, especially complex animations, effects and an interface that is intuitive and delightful, not to mention very POWERFUL.

Please consider the Casablanca users for further Development of CB Paint 2 for Bogart SE machines.

Thank you!
Hi Paris !

The lack of answers about CBPaint 2 and its future is a real shame.
I finally decided to purchase TVPaint Animation Pro this summer for my Mac-Intel and I finally have no regrets : it's faster and more powerful than expected.

JB.
Mike

Post by Mike »

The lack of answers about CBPaint 2 and its future is a real shame.
Dear Jack,

I will give here more technical details :
Although MacroSystem is claiming that Bogart SE is Full Linux, we are still using the vxWorks SDK. Even the compiler is the very old one, and uses the outdated vxWorks.
(vxWorks is the embedded system of the old Casablanca)
Porting some small tools like Pip3D, Pixel Tracker, 3D Titler was already difficult because MacroSystem didn't send us their third-party SDK, so you can imagine how it is with a such complex app as CBPaint with tons of classes, variables, structures, pointers, ...
CBPaint, opposite to small and basic operators, uses very complex functionnalities directly from the operating system (to make graphic tablets work, f.i). The emulation layer of vxWorks is not enough for porting CBPaint 2, and we still don't have any native Bogart Linux SDK.
TVPaint Team
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

MacroSystem is not to blame btw, they have experienced a lot of troubles this year, and everything was slowed down.
Fabrice Debarge
Paris Fox

Post by Paris Fox »

Hi Jack,

I agree. TV Paint 9.5 PRO is the software to get. I am just waiting to get my Quad Core Apple and then I will invest in TV Paint. I like the interface and it will be faster than CB Paint and have more functionality.

I just need to get use to calling it TV Paint rather than CB Paint :D

Can't wait for my 9.5 PRO...