libavutil

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
Satrip

libavutil

Post by Satrip »

Salut,

J'ai remarqué que le plugin Loader actuel requiert libavutil49, hors dans ubuntu 10.10 seul libavutil50 est disponible, ce qui empêche le plugin de fonctionner (il ne charge rien lorsque j'essai d'importer une video).
Aussi ca serait bien qu'il puisse utiliser libavutil-extra-50, pour ceux qui utilise libavcodec-extra-52.

english:
Hi,
I've noticed the Loader plugin needs libavutil49, but in ubuntu 10.10 only libavutil50 is available, so the plugin doesn't work.
Also it would be cool to have it compatible with libavutil-extra-50, for people using libavcodec-extra-52.
Mike

Re: libavutil

Post by Mike »

Mmhh ok, I will check this (next week :)).

You are on 64bits, right ?

And what is difference between libav*-52 and libav*-extra-52 ?
TVPaint Team
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

Mike wrote:Mmhh ok, I will check this (next week :)).
Cool!

Yes I'm on 64bits.

libav*-extra-52 contains an unrestricted version of the libavcodec shared object, with (almost?!) all codecs available in the original sources enabled
(as some restricted formats are disabled in debian's default libav*52 for legal issues).

Personnaly I even use libav*-extra-52 from Medibuntu's repository, I think ALL codecs are enabled in this one.
( http://medibuntu.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
Mike

Post by Mike »

I modify the content of the Linux page, now you can download the plugin for ubuntu 10.10
Let me know if it's ok (it should :))

And about the "extra" codec, I must do more tests to answer.
TVPaint Team
Mike

Post by Mike »

If the updated build (10-10) of the plugin works, you can try to install the extra codec instead of the standard ones with synaptic, and it should work.

Let me know.
TVPaint Team
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

Ok so now it works with "regular" codecs.

I tried to install libavcodec-extra-52 in synaptic but the issue is that it uninstall libavcodec52 which it replaces, and so it uninstall the loader plugin too as it depends on libavcodec52 package.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Normally, you have just to reinstall the plugin after that
TVPaint Team
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

When I try to reinstall the plugin ,by double-clicking on the .deb, it opens Ubuntu's software-center, and if I install it from there it automatically replace libavcodec-extra-52 by libavcodec52 on the process to solve dependencies.

So I did install it with dpkg, it installed although the dependencies warnig, and the plugin works.

But now I always have an (annoying) warning icon in my deskbar, saying I've a broken package.

So I think the best fix would be to have the package built with alternate dependencies available (I don't know how to do it as I don't know much about deb packaging, but I think it must be doable since their is not such issue with other softwares using libavcodec). Could you do this?
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

I've succeeded to do it myself, cool!

So I've edited the DEBIAN/control file, on the "Depends" line I wrote this:

Depends: tvpaint.animation.pro, libavformat52 | libavformat-extra-52, libavcodec52 | libavcodec-extra-52, libavutil49 | libavutil50 | libavutil-extra-50

(I've extracted the deb, edited the file then repackaged it with dpkg-deb ;) )
Mike

Post by Mike »

Haha, you just say what I want to do/test to correct your problem :)

And now, that I know it will work, I'll update the deb package ... soon.

But there is something strange, because when I tested the deb package here with the "extra" libraries, there was no problem during the re-installation of the plugin.

And ... thanks ! :)
TVPaint Team
Mike

Post by Mike »

TVPaint Team
d_rylander

Post by d_rylander »

I've still got problems with the extras libraries even though using the latest version of loader-saver plugin.

When installing loader-saving-plugin it uninstalled the extras libraries, replacing them with normal libraries.
Manually reinstalling extras afterwards uninstalls the loader-saver-plugin...

I have applications depend on extras libraries so I really need them.

Guess I'll have to do as Satrip have tried and edit the .deb.
Mike

Post by Mike »

if you use the "DEB Package" link under "Ubuntu 10.10 (Debian) 64bits:" (http://www.tvpaint.com/linux), in the "control" file, the dependences are like this :

Depends: tvpaint.animation.pro, libavformat52 | libavformat-extra-52, libavcodec52 | libavcodec-extra-52, libavutil49 | libavutil50 | libavutil-extra-50

Did you use the link for Ubuntu 10.10 ?
TVPaint Team