Android Tablets

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
idragosani

Re: Android Tablets

Post by idragosani »

Whoohoo, giving this a try right now!
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Well, the app starts, I get to the license agreement screen and the disclaimer about it being an open beta, I click OK and then it shuts down (crashes?). How might I go about debugging/diagnosing the issue? Are there minimum system requirements?
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Could you give us your system configuration ?
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

idragosani wrote:Are there minimum system requirements?
Android 2.3.3, ARM or X86 CPU, 512MB of RAM and 150MB available in the flash drive.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

It's an HTC Flyer -- Android 3.2.1, 3.94 Internal storage, 8GB tablet storage, pressure sensitive pen. I think the processor is 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon (based on ARM v7).
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Never mind, it's working now, sorry for the noise :-) The 'Accept' button was hidden because I opened the app in landscape mode.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

I played around with it for a little bit, it's TVPaint all the way! Everything was where I expected it to be, the brushes did what I expected them to, stylus works fine with pressure. I should have time to experiment more tonight, since I am in the office "working". But anyway, thanks! This is awesome!
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you for your kind words =)
artfx

Post by artfx »

I really wish there were more choices with real pressure sensitive pens. It seems, aside from the old Lenovo devices, we only have the HTC Flyer (only 7") and the Galaxy Note (even smaller). What else is there? I have heard rumors of Samsung doing a 10" and even an 11" Note tablet with pressure sensitive pen. I also heard rumor of Wacom jumping into the Android tablet market. I really want to travel down this path, but it seems the right solution hasn't presented itself yet.
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
GraficArtist

Post by GraficArtist »

I learned about tvpaint via the Lenovo thinkPad tablet forum. I was totally taken back by what you have done! This is one amazing app! Well I can't really call it an app can I lol!
I've been looking for someone to give the Android community a powerful drawing app. I know it an animation program, but right now I produce web comics and nothing I've brought took full advantage like this program does of the digitizer and stylus of the TPT! What I'm looking for was a full blown drawing app the ability to add comic styled fonts, have a good 300 dpi res. a great brush engine, layers, great tools, good import / export features. You have all of these features and then some. I can't get the font tool working, but I knew it would have some bugs as stated when downloaded.
Artists need great tools and you gentlemen have one heck of a tool! I hope you develop the Android platform further. If you do I will definitely be one of the first to buy then tell all I know to buy it and put it on every art forum I know!
Doctor Conners as The Lizard.jpg
mnb123

Post by mnb123 »

TVP on android is the best that could happen with my thinkpad tablet. Let me stop praising, although it is hard to resist.
Instead, let me make some comments. I have found no thread for beta feedback so I decided to post my comments here, hopefully you can use them to improve the final product:
major:
- pen-only mode on thinkpad ics not working with tvp - i.e. for some reason tvp even in this mode registers touch events
- when pen button held, it should work as the eraser button works on the pc+wacom version of tvp
minor:
- top menu should be collapsible to preserve space
- bottom info bar also should be optional to preserve space
- smoothing option for the pens seems to be missing
- a small toolbar optimized for drawing on touchscreens would come handy, including minimally undo/redo and prev/next/add frame icons
- at startup the screen view option should be restored too - i use 'fit' usually, and now at each startup i have to press it again
(overall, with the pen, the interface is surprisingly usable even on such a limited screen size)

As i final question, do you have any idea about the pricing of the final app?

Thanks for your hard work
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

mnb123 wrote:I have found no thread for beta feedback so I decided to post my comments here, hopefully you can use them to improve the final product:
There's a forum called "Open Beta" (Under the "TVPaint Animation & TVPaint Animation Pro") that can be used for Android stuff -- it was previously used for the Linux open beta.
artfx

Post by artfx »

I saw news that alleges that the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Note with true pressure sensitive stylus will debut on August 15th!!!
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

It sounds like the Galaxy Note 10.1 is now ready. (we didn't try it yet .., I wish Samsung was more responsive to our emails and phone calls ... :| )
So if someone has tested TVPaint Animation with it, please tell us.

http://www.samsungmobilepress.com/2012/ ... d-Learning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fabrice Debarge
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Fabrice wrote:It sounds like the Galaxy Note 10.1 is now ready.
So if someone has tested TVPaint Animation with it, please tell us.
I think it is first possible to buy 15 august. I have concidert doing this. But I dont think i will do it
before it is possible to use sound on android. When do you expect this to be possible?
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2