[Android] Fine Tip Stylus

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
anim8ortim

[Android] Fine Tip Stylus

Post by anim8ortim »

I've been trying out TVPaint on my Iconia Tab a100 7inch tablet and it seems to run pretty good. the only problem I've been running into is that the menu buttons are small. Does anyone know where one can get a fine point stylus( like a pencil point)? I've been looking and can only find the standard kind which is just as big as my finger. Any help would be appreciated. I love TVP and this app has me very excited. Mobile animation!

Thanks!
"animate bad..... animate good...... JUST ANIMATE!"

Anim8ortim

Http://www.alienanimationstudios.com
idragosani

Re: Fine Tip Stylus

Post by idragosani »

It looks like this tablet doesn't support the pressure sensitive kind of stylus but is designed only for capacitive/multitouch, so the wider stylus is probably the only kind you can use on this tablet.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
anim8ortim

Re: Fine Tip Stylus

Post by anim8ortim »

Thanks Brett! I guess I'll just have to make do.

Anim8ortim

anim8ortim

Re: [Android] Fine Tip Stylus

Post by anim8ortim »

if anyone is needing a fine point stylus check out the Adonit Jot pro.

http://adonit.net/product/jot-pro/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife just bought me one and I'm using it with great success with the TVPaint android app running on my 7 inch Iconia tab 100A. It makes TVPaint on a small screen very usable!
No I'm not associated with them in any way. I was having alot of problems finding a stylus that could work on a small screen format, and this works great!

Anim8ortim

Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you for your feedback about this tablet. We were wondering if the tablet was a product and if we should try it ;)

Can you tell more about this tablet ?
anim8ortim

Post by anim8ortim »

Elodie,

Sorry, I've been busy with work and haven't been here for a while. Here's my opinion about running the tvpaint app on the iconia tab 100A 7inch tablet. running android version 3.2.1, 1ghz CPU speed, nvidia Cpu, 1GB Ram, 1024x600 screen resolution. Using the JOTpro for a stylus. The app runs kind of slow and has some lag time. This is probably due to the tablets lack of power. Also the menu buttons on a 7inch tablet are really small and hard to select at times. I have had some success using the app but it get's frustrating waiting for the tablet to respond. I would not recommend using this particular tablet unless some optimization to the TVpaint app occurred to run on a system that doesn't have the power of, say a galaxy tablet. The IconiaTab 100A doesn't have the pressure sensitivity, but the JOTpro seem to respond well to the app. Unfortunately, this is really more of a tablet for e reading, browsing the web, and streaming video. Not made for animation, I really wanted to see how a program like TVPaint would work on a tablet this size. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend using TVPaint on the 7inch iconia tab 100A.

I hope this helps people.

Anim8ortim

Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

but the JOTpro seem to respond well to the app
Thanks for the feedback.
We tried to contact them many times for improving our development, but without success. :? So knowing that the JOTpro works fine is a good point.
Fabrice Debarge