[Android] Post Bugs/Features Here

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
NickA

Re: [Android] Post Bugs/Features Here

Post by NickA »

Thanks Herve, but its not working for me. it's probably due to me testing it on an alpha build of Android on a HP Touchpad I have lying around. The same feature doesn't work in Sketchbook Pro either. 8)
hokhuat

Post by hokhuat »

i can't see right click in my samsung galacy note 10.1 so i have troble to edit my brush bin can any one help me??
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

hokhuat wrote:i can't see right click in my samsung galacy note 10.1 so i have troble to edit my brush bin can any one help me??
Hi hokhuat, try a long click.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
usernox

Post by usernox »

mnb123 wrote: I remember actually reading somewhere that standard wacom pens also work with the note 10.1, including their eraser sides. Although, I'm not 100% sure.
I can confirm other Wacom pens indeed work with the note 10.1, although not all of them. There is something about pen compatibility on their site http://www.wacom-asia.com/aptky/607/pen.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Apparently it has something to do with different operating frequencies. I have an Intuos pen which doesn't work and another one from my convertible tablet PC (guess it's an UltraPen) which does work with the Note 10.1. Not all software supports the eraser, though. It works in PS Touch (but the eraser brush size automatically equals the last applied normal brush size :-( ), but other than that I haven't had much luck. Didn't try it in TVPaint; I only experimented once with other pens when I just got my Note and defaulted to the S-Pen afterwards since that can't get lost that easily and there was almost no eraser support...
usernox

Post by usernox »

About TVPaint, I really like it (unfortunately the beta is almost over)! I didn't know the software before being pointed to the android version by someone (always looking for good drawing programs), but that sketch panel is brilliant, as well as the light table. Line smoothing is nice too.
Like so many others said, I guess palm rejection could use some work; now it only works when the pen tip is close to the screen (and instead, I sometimes put my hand on the screen first and then bring the tip to it. Enabling a visible pen cursor helps me to remember, but still...). Since it is possible to distinguish between touch and pen, you could e.g. only listen for multitouch (pinch-to-zoom) and not for single touch. That's an option in the settings of the LayerPaint drawing app, if I recall correctly. Or maybe you could still use single touch events, but to define gestures, e.g. swipe left = undo, right = redo, up = next frame, down = previous frame. Small things like this could save some time (since you don't have keyboard shortcuts on a tablet) .
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

usernox wrote:About TVPaint, I really like it (unfortunately the beta is almost over)!
Why don't you download the new beta ? this version will work until February :)
Twig

Post by Twig »

Awesome! I was a bit depressed that November 1st was approaching quickly, because I use this app for all my sketching now.

So, this wonderful news has made me super happy. :D

What's the @Barbecue preference? Why would I want to drain my battery and burn in my CPU to enhance my creativity? :shock:
Eric Scholl

Post by Eric Scholl »

Twig wrote: What's the @Barbecue preference? Why would I want to drain my battery and burn in my CPU to enhance my creativity? :shock:
Here is your answer :
http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6112" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
Penzilla

Post by Penzilla »

Hello!

Just two minor details:
- When using the clone brush the copied picture does not appear hovering when moving the pen across the screen as it does with the desktop version. Its a bit hard to get the stamp right first but this can be fixed with the panning and transform tool. Still would be nice if it worked the same way.

- I can't open .tvpp files out of the Dropbox-App. This is a bit annoying as I have to work around with copying. Would be nice if Dropbox could recognize the TVPaint app. Vice versa I can't save with TVPaint to Dropbox directly. Would be really nice for smooth file transition if the two apps could interact.

Otherwise I am superhappy with TVPaint on Android!

Best, Marlon
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you for your comments about the Android version :)
extent

Post by extent »

I just had to try this after seeing it at CTN.

Running Galaxy Note 10.1 with CM10 nightly and it all seems to work so far, but when the keyboard has popped up in response to clicking in a text entry field if I hit the back button to dismiss the keyboard TVpaint will lock up and require a force quit. If I hit return or flip to another app and back the keyboard hides fine.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thanks for notifying the bug, we will peek an eye on it :)
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

I get yesterday a Samsung Universal Bluetooth Keyboard, to use with my Galaxy Note. and it seems to bring the use of TVPaint to a whole new level.
But there eems to be some problems with TVpaint interpretation the keyboard.
The things I have noticed so far is:
the number "2" and "5" is not remembered if I assign a shortcut and restart TVPaint.
And More important. The "Ctrl" key is not recognized at all.
I dont know how to test if other apps recognize the ctrl pree. But if I log onto My computer via splastop the ctrl key is passed corretly to TVPaint running on my computer.
And also corretly to Blender 3D software.
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

And A feature request when having a Bluetooth keyboard connected to the Android device.
THe possibility for TVpaint to supress the pop up of the screen keyboard when entering a text field. I dont need that when I have a keyboard attached.
I dont know if this is possible? Maybe a preference checkbox. "Disable on screen Keyboard if Bluetooth keyboard is Connected"
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
piano

Post by piano »

madsjuul wrote:And A feature request when having a Bluetooth keyboard connected to the Android device.
THe possibility for TVpaint to supress the pop up of the screen keyboard when entering a text field. I dont need that when I have a keyboard attached.
I dont know if this is possible? Maybe a preference checkbox. "Disable on screen Keyboard if Bluetooth keyboard is Connected"
-Mads
+1
it's very annoying especially when you just try to use the sliders to increase the numeric values but TVpaint often reads that as a click on the value, thus prompting the keyboard. But I guess the best way to avoid this is via the samsung parameters ?