TV Paint android suggestions.

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
jbomb

TV Paint android suggestions.

Post by jbomb »

I got your app for a lenovo thinkpad and then for my new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Both have pressure sensitivity. And I was told about your program. So far your drawing program is the best one. It's really robust... But it may be too robust.

As it stands it's got a lot on the tablet and it may be a bit too much. I don't mind animation, but I almost would rather get into that on a desktop. But your drawing and brush capability is tops. Plus it's hard to navigate even if I use the pen, there's only so much screen size.

Here's my suggestion. Maybe break it into a few apps, or a suite. I would love to have your paint program only with a simpler interface.

So that's it, thank you.
Elodie

Re: TV Paint android suggestions.

Post by Elodie »

Hello Jbomb, welcome to the TVPaint Community.

Thank you for your feedback. In fact, we are not interested in doing "suites" like other famous software developers. TVPaint Animation is an animation software and won't become a "lite" software for kids or for painting.
You can read our reasons on this topic : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... 51&p=28229&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and that one too : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... =45#p45769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, thank you for your kind words about our drawing and brush capacities :)
jbomb

Post by jbomb »

ok, that's understandable.

but here's my input for the android app. There needs to be some ways to show hide windows or make the best use of the space. And I know the beta will expire towards the end of the year. Do you plan on selling it shortly after, and if so do you have an idea of the cost?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

jbomb wrote:Do you plan on selling it shortly after, and if so do you have an idea of the cost?
Patience ;)

Everything will be said later ! :D
artfx

Post by artfx »

It is possible to click the little arrow on every toolbar and it will slide out of view when you are not using it, giving you maximum scree space. The Samsung Galaxy 10.1 note is exactly the tool I want to get. I hope you are really enjoying it. I am glad to hear you are happy with the drawing tools and brushes!
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
jbomb

Post by jbomb »

yeah, I had the lenovo tablet that had an ntrig pen. it was ok. But the Note has a Wamcom pen and it is much more sensitive. I think the only issue I have (and it's with either one) is that my hand still effects drawing if it touches the tablet. I saw a guy wear a driving glove that used the Lenovo, I may have to do that.

Now is there a way to have a plain white background instead of the checkerboard?

btw, PHotoshop touch really sucks. it does have pressure sensitivity, but drawing is not smooth. it kind of has hexigontal type lines when you draw circles. Plus they have only one basic brush.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

At the bottom left you should have a popup button saying "Check", click on it and select "Color".
To the right of it you have two small colorpickers, which allow you to select the color (Default should be white like you want, so no need to change them).
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

The Jot Touch is out. It's a pressure sensitive stylus for tablets. It uses bluetooth and comes with a usb charger. It already works with a bunch of apps like sketchpad pro and Art studio.
It's $100.00
http://adonit.net/product/jot-touch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://adonit.net/store/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out the details within the first link to read how the tip works with precision on a finger touch app. It looks like a strange but interesting concept attachment.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
newsline2011

Post by newsline2011 »

Does the Jot Touch work with TV Paint and Android ?? I am planning to get an Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 and looking for a stylus / paint app with pressure sensitivity ..
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Our cartoonmonkey mentioned he wasn't very happy with the Jot, that disk thingy apparently feels awkward and the pressure sensitivity is nowhere near wacom quality
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I just move thistopic to the open beta forum, as it directly concerns the beta android version.