[Android] TVPaint & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
Dalton

Re: [Android] TVPaint & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Post by Dalton »

I too have the Galaxy Note 10.1 and absolutely love it. The S-pen is a most powerful tool and the tablet itself is awesome compared to others. Before the note, I owned the 10.1 and enjoyed it too. I also have the Nexus 7. I was going to get something else because I wanted a higher resolution but the screen is so colorful and clear, it's a non issue to me now. I love the Note 10.1 and so do a lot of other people. Cheers!
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

A few questions about the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Do any Wacom styli from their various graphics tablets work on the Note 10.1? If yes, which stylus/graphics tablet?

And, if some other stylus does work, does TVPaint recognize both ends of the rocker barrel switch as separate input? (For me, the rocker barrel switch has become integral to the act of drawing (and erasing and grabbing cutbrushes) inside TVPaint.)

Does anyone who owns the Note 10.1 use the S Note software for taking and organizing notes? I wonder how it compares to Microsoft's OneNote which I now use ALL the time for managing project notes, recording journal entries and to capture and organize visual and textual materials while surfing. Part of the power of OneNote is that you can synchronize its contents across all your computers.

Is there a matching keyboard available for the Note 10.1? If so, does anyone own and use it? If not, I wonder if a standard bluetooth keyboard could be interfaced?

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
DiM

Post by DiM »

the open beta is off now :/ I'm sad
is it realy finish or it's come back soon ?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

A new version can be downloaded from the website. This version will run until February :)
DiM

Post by DiM »

:°) thank's you
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

you're welcome n_n
SinusMagnus

Post by SinusMagnus »

Hello, i've been wondering if TVP supports bluetooth keyboard entries.
There's an app called "sisaxis controller" that can emulate a keyboard with a ps3 gamepad. It would be awesome if i could use it to make shortcuts like press cross button to make a new clip, circle for copy, triangle to paste, and so on...
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Just try it, and keep everyone informed.

TVP should work with a bluetooth keyboard, but if it doesn't, or doesn't with "sisaxis controller", we can look into it.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
SinusMagnus

Post by SinusMagnus »

Okay I tried it and it works just fine, i can navigate or adjust my brush with the analog sticks and its very convenient. :D

The shortcut for the right click doesn't work (it's the Space bar by default), and it's a shame :-(
Is it normal ? because it's a pain to search the shortcut for a function that can be accessed with the right click :?

Otherwise the beta is very good and i think it's more stable since the last update 8)
pew36

Post by pew36 »

i have just registered to download the android tvpaint for my note 10.1 but before i install can you answer me the following

how long will i be able to use it? it says time limited but doesn't specify how much time....i saw in an early post that this is running until Feb, does that mean i can use until then?

also, and this is the main one, how much will the app be when it is ready? I want to make the transition to animating on the note but don't want to if when Feb comes i will be priced out of the market or the trial ends and the release isn't for another 6 months

i am a creature of habit and making the change to animating (for fun) on the note will be hard enough...but having to u-turn back to flash on a laptop or paper will probably kill me in an instant

for the record, i would be willing to pay between £100 - £200 for a solid reliable animation app for my note.....(as a teacher)......maybe.....at the moment i am able to animate in sketchbook pro for £5....all i have to do is draw each frame on a separate layer, then copy the tiff to my computer and dump out the layers as a sequence, or view directly in photoshop....its a ball ache but a workable system for the committed (insanity pun intended)

looking forward to your reply
pew36

Post by pew36 »

got impatient and installed....

oh

my

god

dont know how to use it yet but the drawing tools are slick and it has a timeline.....

i want to publicly declare that i am now officially able to animate and take a dump at the same time
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hi Pew, welcome to the TVPaint community :)
pew36 wrote:how long will i be able to use it? it says time limited but doesn't specify how much time....i saw in an early post that this is running until Feb, does that mean i can use until then?
The android version will work until February, then it will stop. But we will probably a new version then that will work until XXXX 2013 ;)
Stay tuned !
pew36 wrote:also, and this is the main one, how much will the app be when it is ready?
We don't know yet, we are still thinking about it.
At the moment, the Android version is in open beta test to fix the bugs and see if it has a real interest for Android users. It seems it has :D
pew36 wrote:oh

my

god
:mrgreen:
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Hi there,
just bought a note 10.1 yesterday,
and your app is currently downloading on it :)
I patient to try it.....for making some game related model design.

I need a good app to make it on the go, cause i'm not a professionnal designer, i make it for free for a community project (a mod for a game) and need to make more and more design in order to make new models for it.

I've try some apps on other tablets (asus transformer prime) but not conviced :/

I've looked some vidz on youtube and you app seem to be awesome with the note 10.1

Leet's try it

have a nice day ;)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi (GN-T8010) 16Gb + 64Gb µSD
Attend la MAJ Jelly Bean avec impatience.....
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Ezekiel wrote:I've try some apps on other tablets (asus transformer prime) but not conviced :/
I hope that TVPaint will convince you then ^^
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

So, i try it a little, and it's pretty good :) better than other PS clone and better than layerpaint in the presure detection function ;)

(Sry for my english, i'm from France^^)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi (GN-T8010) 16Gb + 64Gb µSD
Attend la MAJ Jelly Bean avec impatience.....