[Android] TVPaint & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
D.T. Nethery

Re: [Android] TVPaint & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Post by D.T. Nethery »

tlynx wrote:Either way I love this program. Been telling my friends about it. I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard that might work for the splines.

Yes, my bluetooth keyboard works to close and apply the splines (spacebar to make the menu appear with option to "Close Spline" , "Delete Point, or "Apply Spline") and click Enter key to apply spline. I also made a shortcut button on my custom sketch panel toolbar that is key command, "Shape: Apply" which works for easily applying a transform effect or any other action that needs to hit the Enter key to apply. I finding that it is important to make a free floating custom tool bar with my 10 most used tools . That tool bar is on screen at all times . My custom tool bar has my favorite pencils , kneaded eraser, standard eraser, shortcut buttons for Undo, Enter ("shape: Apply") , Toggle Layer panel on/off, enable Light Table, , and the Clear/Kill frame ("skull & crossbones") . Everything else stays in the side Docks. This allows me to keep the interface relatively clutter-free and maximizes the screen real estate of the Galaxy Note (this has been quite an adjustment for me to work on the smaller screen because I usually work on a 21" Cintiq with a second monitor.)
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

I'm trying to implement a similar solution - one economic, on-screen-at-all-times, custom panel containing essential buttons that are either my most often used or that negate dependence on keyboard-shortcuts for input (good luck with that :shock: ).

Are you creating the buttons inside the GNote10 TVPaint App? I'm trying to find an easy way to assemble my panels of existing buttons on my desktop TVPaint then import them into the GNote10 App.

I wonder if there is a way to just bundle custom button panels into TVPX files, then insert all as complete panels into the Beta: buttons, panels and George scripts in a single process?

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
SinusMagnus

Post by SinusMagnus »

D.T. Nethery wrote: I have a Galaxy Note and purchased a bluetooth keyboard to use with it. When I want the pop-up menu to appear I find I need to press and hold the spacebar first , then touch the tip of the S-pen to the timeline to make the pop-up menu appear. If I touch the timeline with the stylus first , then press the spacebar nothing happens. That may be what is happening in your case. Try it so you press and hold the spacebar , then touch the tip of the stylus to the timeline .
it works fine, thank you :D
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Svengali wrote:
Are you creating the buttons inside the GNote10 TVPaint App? I'm trying to find an easy way to assemble my panels of existing buttons on my desktop TVPaint then import them into the GNote10 App.

I find that it's easier for me to create the custom buttons I need in TVPaint running on my Mac laptop , then I save them as .tvpx files and transfer them to the GNote10 via bluetooth file transfer and load them into TVPaint .
rotemyarakchi

Post by rotemyarakchi »

Hi guys!

Im planning to buy the Note 10.1 tablet and wanted to ask please how do I donwload TVPaing application to my tablet ?

Couldn't find it in the Store.

Cheers.
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Would it be possible to put it out on the store?
My first thought is, If TVpaint BETA was availeble from the store it would reach more users
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

rotemyarakchi wrote:Hi guys!

Im planning to buy the Note 10.1 tablet and wanted to ask please how do I donwload TVPaing application to my tablet ?

Couldn't find it in the Store.

Cheers.
You can get the beta by filling in the form here
http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... enbeta.php
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
SinusMagnus

Post by SinusMagnus »

Hello, I finally bought a bluetouth keyboard for my tablet, but i'm afraid TVpaint doesn't recognize the CTRL key, is it normal ?
It annoys me a lot since a can't use some shortcuts :-/

in fact tvpaint sees my keyboard as QWERTY whereas it works fine outside the app, it would be nice if you could fix it.

i've got a Perixx periboard 804

thank you
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Ctrl is NOT working on my bluetooth keyboard. there is other keys that I cannot assign keys to. For instance numpad 2 and numpad 5. I think it is a known bug.
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Twig wrote:I just want to chime in and say that I'm not with pew36's assessment about this program. I like the fact that this software package hasn't dumbed itself down, just because it's on a tablet. I like that it's full featured and it's why I'm going to buy it when it's available and I have the funds.

TVPaint literally completes my Galaxy Note 10.1, it transformed it into a workstation level tool that I use daily to sketch out ideas and digitally paint on. Even though I don't need/know of all of the features it offers, I find that whenever there's something I do need, TVPaint has it at my disposal; which if this wasn't the case, that would be a problem.

There's too many dumb apps out there already, a real application like TVPaint is a welcome change.

Anyways, thanks again for offering this beta and then extending it. :)
I'm with Twig on this one. I like having all the features that I can get. They're already too many useless app in the market. This one is very useful. I love it and it has transformed my Note 10.1 into something marvelous. Thank you! :-)
Rue

Post by Rue »

I loves it! I had downloaded a trial of TV Paint for my PC years ago, but had trouble understanding the interface at the time. When I heard about the Android beta, though, I was is was on it immediately! I know more about animation now so it wasn't so difficult to figure out what I needed. I've been using it to develop concepts and rough out painted compositions for a graphic novel project.

I was using Sketchbook Pro for Android, but the features were so limited I kept looking for alternatives. I use Photoshop on my PC as well as MyPaint and The Gimp, and I'm experimenting with Krita Sketch, but the Photoshop app for Android didn't seem worth it and none of my other options had Android versions.

I have a Thinkpad, 2 years old, bought from a software engineer friend. Hardly cutting edge! Once I did get used to the layout and rooms system, though, I was so happy with how powerful it was! The only reason I can think of for a more stripped down interface would be for older, rickety systems that would be predominantly using the software as a drawing/painting program without the animation element.

I love TVPaint for Android so much. Sooo much.
pew36

Post by pew36 »

Eric Scholl wrote:TVPaint offers you the possibility to create your own custom panels with any buttons you want in it. You can even export it and share it with your students.
And if you want more space ( less panels on the screen ) you can put them in the left/right bins, and you can then hide these bins.
You can hide your timeline too. So at the end you could have something like this :
Workspace.png

thats great, thanks for the reply....i have ordered another 4 galaxy notes to give to the rest of my team to investigate the best layouts and hopefully we will be able to get everything set up for the new year

is there a price for the app yet?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

pew36 wrote:is there a price for the app yet?
Not yet, still thinking about it :)
We love to take our time :mrgreen:
forosha

Post by forosha »

Hey everyone!

Quick question:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Jelly Bean
TV Paint version 10

Everytime I go to name my drawing document and save, the keyboard comes up and freezes everything and I lose the drawing I spent forever on. I've uninstalled and reinstalled already and this has happenned to me 3 times. Has this happenned to anyone else or does anyone have a solution to this? Please help!

-forosha
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

This is a well known bug that we didn't fix yet. Please be patient and wait for the next update :)