[Android] TVPaint & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
Twig

Re: [Android] TVPaint & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Post by Twig »

Oh noooooooosssss, 0 days left on the beta! :shock: Yeah, I knew this was coming, but it's still something I haven't been looking forward to. :(

But it still works for now. :)
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Naughty Twig, you didn't subscribe the newsletter ! :mrgreen:
A new version of the Android Open Beta is available on the TVPaint website. This new version will work until June 1st 2013. It fixes some little bugs and allows you again to use two fingers to pan your canvas. Don't wait and offer the most powerful drawing software to your Android phones and tablets !
Twig

Post by Twig »

Elodie wrote:Naughty Twig, you didn't subscribe the newsletter ! :mrgreen:
A new version of the Android Open Beta is available on the TVPaint website. This new version will work until June 1st 2013. It fixes some little bugs and allows you again to use two fingers to pan your canvas. Don't wait and offer the most powerful drawing software to your Android phones and tablets !
Hurray! Thanks Elodie and to everyone here that's making this application happen! :D

I'm on some mailing list -- received an email in December, but I'll look for the newsletter subscription. :)
Jorj-X-McKie

Post by Jorj-X-McKie »

Anybody else having issues with the new Android version? On my Note 10.1 is consistently freezes while saving. When I upgraded the OS to JB 4.1.2, same issue. So it's unusable for me currently, which is too dang bad because it is the best art app avail for the Note, even if the interface isn't very tablet friendly.
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Jorj-X-McKie wrote:Anybody else having issues with the new Android version? On my Note 10.1 is consistently freezes while saving. When I upgraded the OS to JB 4.1.2, same issue. So it's unusable for me currently, which is too dang bad because it is the best art app avail for the Note, even if the interface isn't very tablet friendly.
The jelly bean update has still not reached Denmark where I live so my galaxy note is still Android 4.0.4. What about the developers? Has the jelly been update rolled out in France?
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Jorj-X-McKie

Post by Jorj-X-McKie »

I wasn't clear... sorry. I meant 'issues with the new version of TVP'. It now seems broken regardless of which version of Android I'm running. I'd like to know if it's a known issue, or maybe just a bad installation, or my particular Note tablet?
samus1975

Post by samus1975 »

IT Seems that TVpaint will Freeze if the Keyboard shows up and that you cancel it .
And also when you export or when you activate a dialogue box to enter values and that the keyboard pops up.
Jorj-X-McKie

Post by Jorj-X-McKie »

samus1975 wrote:IT Seems that TVpaint will Freeze if the Keyboard shows up
Yup... I tried switching to the default keyboard thinking that maybe Swiftkey Flow was the reason, but still broken. Uninstalled until further update.
Grbovic

Post by Grbovic »

Jorj-X-McKie wrote:
samus1975 wrote:IT Seems that TVpaint will Freeze if the Keyboard shows up
Yup... I tried switching to the default keyboard thinking that maybe Swiftkey Flow was the reason, but still broken. Uninstalled until further update.
Well in some cases it won't freeze if you set the parameters using the virtual keyboard and pressing ENTER a few times...
Note that I said some cases so there is still a chance that it could still freeze...