Two questions about TVP for Android

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
rowjay

Two questions about TVP for Android

Post by rowjay »

I downloaded it to my phone yesterday. Obviously it's too small a screen to be able to work with TVPaint, but it's amazing to have a mobile version of TVPaint. Two questions though:
* I have the Standard Edition of TVPaint. How will I be able to get that to work on my tablet when I've bought it, licensing wise?
* Are there any plans for an iOS version?

Anywho, keep up the amazing work!
Elodie

Re: Two questions about TVP for Android

Post by Elodie »

Welcome here Rowjay !

Thank you for your kind words about our work :)
* I have the Standard Edition of TVPaint. How will I be able to get that to work on my tablet when I've bought it, licensing wise?
We are not able to answer yet, but normally, we will sell only the Professional Edition for Android OS.
rowjay wrote:* Are there any plans for an iOS version?
Currently, Apple products (iPad, iPhone) are not pressure-sensitive. So, this is not interesting to use TVPaint Animation if you cannot use the pressure at least.

Moreover, an application for iPhone and iPad can be sold only on the Apple Store. Apple controls on your application (and can decide to remove it from the store) and takes 30% on each sale.

And finally, the Apple Store system blocks an application on an Apple product : you are not free to install your software anywhere, as you currently thanks to the dongle on Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
=> http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... gory_id=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
=)
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

So in the future you need to buy the pro version to use it on a tablet?
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Nothing is decided yet, but when we will have more info we will share it with everyone :)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I would like to buy maybe a used Galaxy Note 10.1 specially for TVPaint, but I guess then I should probably wait till the decisions are made, right?
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

schwarzgrau wrote:I would like to buy maybe a used Galaxy Note 10.1 specially for TVPaint, but I guess then I should probably wait till the decisions are made, right?

I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 released last year and TVPaint runs very well on the GNote tablet.

Now of course I wish I could upgrade to the rumored new Galaxy Note 12 inch tablet which is said to have 2560 x 1600 resolution !