George in the TVPaint Android Beta

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
Svengali

George in the TVPaint Android Beta

Post by Svengali »

I've been customizing some functionality (with buttons and scripts) inside the new TVPaint Android Beta software, generally with very good luck. I've ported over a number of buttons and scripts that work well in TVPaint with XP and while most seem to work equally as well in TVPaint Android Beta, I've run into a few problems which I can't solve myself after two days trying.

In every case the problem appears to involve saving images to a file using George commands. For example saving a .png file which is a cutbrush image used with a brush tool. Another example is simply trying to save a display - the current frame with all layers - again, to a .png file. Saving AnimBrush .dip files are also a problem.

A few tips would be helpful, especially concerning How to define a filepath, where to safely write (and subsequently read) image files, and whether the following commands should be expected to work in the new Beta?

tv_WriteTextFile
tv_SaveDisplay
tv_SaveBrush
tv_SaveBrushAnim
tv_LoadBrush (loading previously saved image)
tv_LoadBrushAnim (loading previously saved animbrush images)
tv_GetPath (with or without HOST or GEORGE arguments)

All of the above commands are used in George scripts called directly from buttons.

I wondered at one point if Android permissions were the cause? TVPaint in Android seems to be limited in that respect to modifying or loading files only.

File saving seems to be the only issue I really can't solve but if someone can get me started enough to save original image files there is a lot which can be done.

Thanks, Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Fabrice

Re: George in the TVPaint Android Beta

Post by Fabrice »

TVPaint in Android seems to be limited in that respect to modifying or loading files only.
I might be wrong, but I think it's because all the input/output (incl exports) fonctions, have to be rewritten specifically for Android.
Fabrice Debarge