Custom brush preview bug

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
JohnArtbox

Custom brush preview bug

Post by JohnArtbox »

The Custom Brush preview is not working in the brush panel or as a brush tip. To see the custom brush you have to paint a stroke.

TV Paint 10.0.13 Galaxy Note 2
ematecki
Site Admin

Re: Custom brush preview bug

Post by ematecki »

This is not a "Bug", but an annoyance for sure.

As long as your pen/finger doesn't touch the screen, there is no position info send to the app, so we can't show the preview.
This is a (current) limitation of Android.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

JohnArtbox wrote:The Custom Brush preview is not working in the brush panel or as a brush tip. To see the custom brush you have to paint a stroke.
TV Paint 10.0.13 Galaxy Note 2

I'm using the GNote 10 tablet but I assume the following two work-arounds could work for the GNote 2:

1. Setup a button that contains the following: Key:Tools Brush:Toggle Display
this lets you toggle the current brush visible/invisible as needed - However, even if the actual drawing brush size increases by pressure, the cutbrush always displays at full scale. Toggling brush visibility works well for cut/paste operations too.

2. Under Settings/System/Pen check the box beside "Hovering pen icon"

(this is under the GNote's parameters, not inside TVPaint)
Gives what looks to me like a 3x3 pixel cross-hair cursor (black dot centered in a four white dot cross) which helps for accurate drawing and for clicking buttons or colors in the palette bin. I'd prefer a larger cross-hair but that isn't currently an option.

UPDATE: The Hovering pen icon check box option under Settings/System/Pen seems to have been left out of the Jelly Bean update - maybe because of the hover scroll feature?

As for the brush panel (I guess you mean the brush history table?) that seems to work for me.
Sven
Last edited by Svengali on 25 Jan 2013, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
JohnArtbox

Post by JohnArtbox »

Thanks for the answers.
The custombrush preview doesn't show up in the tool:custombrush preview pane...the one above all the brush settings.It just shows a default grey panel.
On the plus side I love being able to use tvpaint on my phone for quick sketches.
Svengali

Re: Custom brush preview bug - a sort-of fix

Post by Svengali »

JohnArtbox wrote:The custombrush preview doesn't show up in the tool:custombrush preview pane...the one above all the brush settings.It just shows a default grey panel.
This is probably a bug - today I noticed the missing custom brush in the preview pane but then TVPaint started displaying the brush preview pane after I twice-clicked the custom button (Key:Tools Brush:Toggle Display) I suggested in my previous reply... must be some setting that doesn't get initialized or something when Android Beta TVPaint starts up?

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB