What softwares you are using?

To talk about anything else
rawhead

What softwares you are using?

Post by rawhead »

TVP and Mirage, which i use, are very comprehensives. Is there some softwares "better" for sometype of animation than something else? Well, 3D of course can´t be done with Mirage :p.

I´ve tested at school CTP. I think it was great for classic, handdrawanimation. I like it´s quick and simple x-sheet, and color/line-art "layers". So coloring works fine. But CTP was expensive with just few features. And there was bugs and some illogical functions i think.

So i´ve think to buy Flipbook to animate basic 2D, haven´t yet test how it´s scanning and coloring handdrawn lineart works.

---edit

Well, change the topic for talking more generally about softwares, you are using.
Last edited by rawhead on 19 Jul 2008, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
Markus
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Experiences about another animation softwares?

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I'm a little familiar with Flip Book and I actually know the guy who created it. He once developed another animation program I sadly bought, called AXA ($ 3,000 back about 15 years ago) which quickly folded and he came out with Flip Book, which was from the beginning aimed at the younger school-age children. .... I stopped here to take a look at it and don't recognize anything on Google that could be the Flip Book I'm thinking of -- there seem to be a whole bunch of related products under that name so I'm staying out of this one.

What I do want to say though, is that you are asking the wrong question for this website, which is the owner/developer's official site. Most of the people here wouldn't be here if they thought poorly of TVP. It's not illegal to ask this type of question on any owner's website, but most people would consider it unethical.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

luckily you can freely speak about ******** here
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Yeah??? Let me try it: ********

EDIT: I'll be darn; you're right. :shock:
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

All through a semester I am confronted with this kind of suggestions: (" I heard xxx is easier, why don't we use yyy ?, zzz has all this plugins, no need for hard work which has to be done in xxx") Most of them seek refuge in flight to cover one's own issues or to avoid to have one's own matters to deal with. So they are looking left and right all the time.
Of course this must not be you ( I really don't know you ...).
But if you have already Mirage or any newer version, I can't see a reason to go with a cutdown product. I've seen and tested PAP, Flipbook and worked a longer time with Moho/Anime Studio, ToonBoom and had to go years with Flash. If it comes to handdrawn animation Mirage/TVP is simply the best, even the STd-version.

(And we have also ******** here )
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Yeah??? Let me try it: ********
EDIT: I'll be darn; you're right. :shock:
:wink: :lol:
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
rawhead

Post by rawhead »

Klaus Hoefs wrote: But if you have already Mirage or any newer version, I can't see a reason to go with a cutdown product. I've seen and tested PAP, Flipbook and worked a longer time with Moho/Anime Studio, ToonBoom and had to go years with Flash. If it comes to handdrawn animation Mirage/TVP is simply the best, even the STd-version.
Thank you, i trust your word, Maybe i´d upgrade Mirage into TVP someday :mrgreen:
Markus
Julian wigley

Post by Julian wigley »

It's not Project Dogwaffle, so I give up. :oops:
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

But if you have already Mirage or any newer version, I can't see a reason to go with a cutdown product. I've seen and tested PAP, Flipbook and worked a longer time with Moho/Anime Studio, ToonBoom and had to go years with Flash. If it comes to handdrawn animation Mirage/TVP is simply the best, even the STd-version.
Can't agree more. I should add that there are always different tools for different purposes, so it's not a good question to ask for "animation" in general. Do you draw? Do cut-outs? Stop motion? Use video? Need lots of FX? For every style there's a program or a combination of several programs which works better than others.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
rawhead

Post by rawhead »

slowtiger wrote: Can't agree more. I should add that there are always different tools for different purposes, so it's not a good question to ask for "animation" in general. Do you draw? Do cut-outs? Stop motion? Use video? Need lots of FX? For every style there's a program or a combination of several programs which works better than others.
Yes! , You got the my point :D. Sorry all , for my bad english and i´m generally poor at writing things and in english it not make it easier. So i excatly thinking that, can this superb software make it everything?

So it better just ask:
"What softwares you are using?"
Markus
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

"What softwares you are using?"
Mirage/TVP for drawn bitmap animation and anything scanned in.
Moho/Anime Studio for vector based 2D animation, cut-outs, and some simple 3D manipulation. Also for complex camera movements.
AfterFX for FX if necessary (haven't used it for years now).
Elastic Reality for morphs.
Photoshop for photo manipulation and background art, if those aren't created in TVP.
Logic for composition, Audacity for quick recordings. FinalCut or iMovie for editing.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Julian wigley

Re: What softwares you are using?

Post by Julian wigley »

This is all a bit obscure and inside chatter for me. So can someone put me out of misery and tell me what the "expletive purged" is ******** software!
Jules
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Julian wigley wrote:This is all a bit obscure and inside chatter for me. So can someone put me out of misery and tell me what the "expletive purged" is ******** software!
Jules
obviously you already typed it, so why do you still ask !?
Julian wigley

Post by Julian wigley »

Peter,
It is easy to type eight little "*" . (Yes, I counted them)
Stuffed if I know what it means :? - so how about a hint, or is that just too hard?
Jules.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

i don't know what they mean for others Julian.
Tantalus wrote:luckily you can freely speak about ******** here
in my case the *'s stand for
A N Y T H I N G
as opposed to the 'other' forum where you couldn't talk about TVPaint because that letter combination would produce a sequence of *'s in the post

sorry for letting you be miserable about something so trivial, it was reluctance to kill the joke by explaining it