New eyes

To talk about anything else
Sierra Rose

New eyes

Post by Sierra Rose »

Well after my first cataract surgery, I feel like I'm on an acid trip but with only my eyes. EVERYTHING is brighter (much more blue), and I'm seeing textures I'd forgotten exist. The yellow haze is gone. My brain was doubtful at first, but has allowed itself to become convinced of the new reality.

My refrigerator looked ivory colour before and now is a stark bluish white as a good example. The baby's skin in my current film isn't bright pink but just very light pink. I thought I had mixed a slightly greyed flesh tone, but because of this haze that muted all the colours, I hadn't gone grey enough.

It was quick (20 minutes) and painless (except for the IV) and the blurriness was gone in a couple of hours and we were out hiking. To me this is a miracle.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
slowtiger

Re: New eyes

Post by slowtiger »

You may want to read http://sprockets.animationblogspot.com/ ... ng-places/ by Nancy Denney-Phelps who underwent the same operation. I met her in Stuttgart about two weeks after surgery, and she happily reported about how colourful again the world appeared to her.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Sierra Rose

Re: New eyes

Post by Sierra Rose »

Yes, very good article, thanks. I have another procedure in 2 weeks but already my my brain has chosen to heed the good eye. I will be glad when the two match.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro