Wacom Recognition data mode

To talk about anything else
KenC

Wacom Recognition data mode

Post by KenC »

By accident I just doubleclicked the tablet icon in the wacom setup applet and got a window that allows you to change the pen data rate from standard to "recognition data mode"

After a little research this appears to change the driver polling rate from 100 to 200

When I draw long fast lines I notice the line is smoother now, give it a try.
There's no place like ~/
D.T. Nethery

Re: Wacom Recognition data mode

Post by D.T. Nethery »

KenC wrote:By accident I just doubleclicked the tablet icon in the wacom setup applet and got a window that allows you to change the pen data rate from standard to "recognition data mode"

After a little research this appears to change the driver polling rate from 100 to 200

When I draw long fast lines I notice the line is smoother now, give it a try.

How do you get there ? --- "doubleclicked the tablet icon in the wacom setup applet and got a window that allows you to change the pen data rate from standard to "recognition data mode"

I don't know what the tablet icon in the wacom setup applet is or where to find it , so I can't double-click it to get the window that allows the change in the pen data rate that you describe.
KenC

Post by KenC »

Open up the wacom setup applet that you use to change the pen settings.

There's 3 rows "tablet" "tool" and " "application", in the first row labelled "tablet" you should see an icon representing your tablet. Doubleclick that icon and you can change the data rate.
There's no place like ~/
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

KenC wrote:Open up the wacom setup applet that you use to change the pen settings.

There's 3 rows "tablet" "tool" and " "application", in the first row labelled "tablet" you should see an icon representing your tablet. Doubleclick that icon and you can change the data rate.
Ah ... that's it . Thanks !
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I looked this up a bit and found that this is turned on if you are using some sort of data recognition device in connection with your tablet, such as speech recognition, or gesture recognition software. I doubt that TVP could count for a pen recognition device -- or could it? Nah.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
KenC

Post by KenC »

It probably need to be turned on for those things to enable all the precision for OCR recognition. All it does is turn the polling rate from 100 to 200. You can do the same for your mouse by changing the polling rate of the usb port port to 200 and that makes the mouse much more precise and smooth. It does use up more cpu but on modern systems it shouldn't be a problem.
There's no place like ~/
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Thanks for a useful tip.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

Data recognition mode: Sets tablet to maximum data rate....This will reduce system response time in graphics applications.
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
KenC

Post by KenC »

Haven't noticed that in TVPaint. Maybe if you have lot's of USB devices running.

I've allways tweaked my mouse the same way by changing the poll rate of the usb/serial ports.

I've tested it a bit and going crazy with the pen in both standard and data mode and there doesn't seem to be any difference but I don't know of any way to monitor the load on the southbridge chip where the usb controller sits so it's hard to tell what kind of extra load it causes.
There's no place like ~/