End of television?

To talk about anything else
Sierra Rose

Re: End of television?

Post by Sierra Rose »

Speaking of news...when we were in Italy we only could get limited CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera. The best coverage, I thought, was Al Jazerra and when I want world news now, I go to them on-line as well as a few others.

One of the reasons I stopped watching TV though, when we came home last year, was the sensationalized "news" broadcasting here in the US. The cadence of it made my skin crawl.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
User767

Post by User767 »

Sierra Rose wrote:Does this bode well for internet distribution?
video on demand has been a commercial desire [the Holy Grail] of a number of electronic and media manufacturers for a long time now. You're just being a good consumer. Does it really matter where what you're watching is being projected from? Internet distribution is what 'they' want.

You're still 'watching', right? what do you watch?
most people working for television or producing for television don't watch it themselves
Considering the hours people in production work, I don't see how they would have much time left over for watching it. No doubt a survey by people who don't understand the reality of the situation.
The best television programs are made by people who care about what they want to watch themselves!
How do you come to that conclusion? I guess it depends on what you would consider the best programs. Not been my experience though.
>formerly User 767: "It seems your login has been deleted. Your login being a little strange, maybe you have written a strange post and we thought your were a bot."
Heaven forbid that an animator might be 'strange'
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

We've found some very good movies and documentaries and some odd-ball stuff, very enjoyable. Have you seen the documentary " Abel Raises Cain?"

For all the stations we received on satellite, there was very little that interested us. Friends have sent us quite a few links. We still enjoy The Daily Show occasionally and Frontline. A lot of network and cable is available on the net.

We do have friends who wouldn't give up their TV's though. They are satisfied customers.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro