Hand drawn animated short by Pixar

To talk about anything else
Sewie

Hand drawn animated short by Pixar

Post by Sewie »

Looks like Pixar's next short will be a combination of 2D hand drawn animation and CG!

Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Hand drawn animated short by Pixar

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Kind of a 1950's UPI style; reminds me of some of Gene Deitche's stuff. That's a good sign; retro is in again. :mrgreen:
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Paul Fierlinger

I looked this lead up to find out more about the film and only ran into the brick wall of this single image. I resent this type of hype. It's not like the picture presents the Last Supper. One blog says, click on the picture to see it bigger. !@#$%^ What's so bleeping special about this drawing that anyone would want to study its details? In my view, this kind of promo is equal to or below junk mail. :evil: :twisted: :D
Paul
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Patience, Paul.
Eventually we will all be able to see it. (In June, I believe I read somewhere...)
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Paul Fierlinger

Oh good. So between now and June we'll be given a chance to see a close up of this picture without having to click on it (It's Getting Closer! -- get it?) :roll:

We've just come out of the heaviest snow fall in recorded weather history (2 meters) and now we are under the siege of a 4 day long nor'easter with 5 inches of rain promised, never yet seen at this time of year. It's a dark and heavy Sunday afternoon with winds gusting up to 50 mph... :cry:

EDIT:It's a dark and heavy Saturday afternoon....
Paul
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Paul Fierlinger wrote: We've just come out of the heaviest snow fall in recorded weather history (2 meters) ...
I hope your dogs stayed inside, near the fireplace ...
or have you bought them special "canin" snowshoes for outside escapades ? :)
Paul Fierlinger

Funny you mention snowshoes -- I saw a few people walking about and atop the snow with modern snowshoes made of aluminum tubing and canvas and was quite impressed with their functionality; nothing like the cumbersome real snowshoes we wore as kids. Without those it was exhausting for the dogs and me to get too far. Sandra had to shovel snow every day to make room for the new snow (I had to stay indoors and draw). One car we just let disappear under the snow. We now have a new generation of children who will grow up with the right to claim they remember when they were kids the snow was piled higher than it is now.
Paul
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:We've just come out of the heaviest snow fall in recorded weather history (2 meters) and now we are under the siege of a 4 day long nor'easter with 5 inches of rain promised, never yet seen at this time of year. It's a dark and heavy Sunday afternoon with winds gusting up to 50 mph... I saw a few people walking about and atop the snow with modern snowshoes made of aluminum tubing and canvas and was quite impressed with their functionality; nothing like the cumbersome real snowshoes we wore as kids. Without those it was exhausting for the dogs and me to get too far. Sandra had to shovel snow every day to make room for the new snow (I had to stay indoors and draw). One car we just let disappear under the snow. We now have a new generation of children who will grow up with the right to claim they remember when they were kids the snow was piled higher than it is now.
See, this is much more attracting attention and fascinating for me than hyped hubbies with bulbous noses designed in retro-style.