Road Runner 3D: Coyote Falls

To talk about anything else
crayon10

Road Runner 3D: Coyote Falls

Post by crayon10 »

I need to know if posting this videos is a problem, if it is I will stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZbvTxJE ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fabrice

Re: Road Runner 3D: Coyote Falls

Post by Fabrice »

It is not a problem to post anything in the off-topic section, as long as you explain why you share this video, what do you think about it, etc ... :) so everybody can exchange and debate with you about the video.
Fabrice Debarge
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

Fabrice wrote:It is not a problem to post anything in the off-topic section, as long as you explain why you share this video, what do you think about it, etc ... :) so everybody can exchange and debate with you about the video.
Yes, you are right, I should had placed my own comment on the table first. I admire how the 3D artist are hanging on to their roots as this clip clearly shows. To me it is easy to see this clip being play in the traditional 3D form and stills communicates the same feel that one would get with 2D artwork.

I just love well done animation, no matter how it is generated.
User767

Post by User767 »

I found that painful to watch. Pretty much three minutes on the same gag-and not a very clever one at that. I don't know why they find it necessary to regurgitate (60 year old) characters in a new format. At least with the old cel version, Michael Maltese and Chuck Jones (among others) were somewhat clever with what the coyote did. And there weren't a lot of textures and backgrounds to compete with the story action. OK, it just didn't 'work' for me.
>formerly User 767: "It seems your login has been deleted. Your login being a little strange, maybe you have written a strange post and we thought your were a bot."
Heaven forbid that an animator might be 'strange'
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

I guess their idea was to do a stereoscopic 3D.
Fabrice Debarge
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

It looks like a consensus that most animator, who have a lot of history in animation, do not care for this clip. Once I stop looking at the extreme detail, I found the bit more intriguing. The one note gage is a big minus but I am willing to over look it.