Animation Paper Software

To talk about anything else
schwarzgrau

Animation Paper Software

Post by schwarzgrau »

Yesterday I read an article about a new animation software called Animation Paper. It's not even on the market and even if it's available, I guess it will take many years to catch up to the toolset of TVPaint. But I thought it's quite interesting anyways.

Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
idragosani

Re: Animation Paper Software

Post by idragosani »

It's basically a reboot of the old Plastic Animation Paper application that was out a few years ago. It's good for pencil tests and the like, but you still need a app like Photoshop or Gimp for doing layout, inking, coloring, etc.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Oh right, I didn't noticed there isn't a fill tool or detailed brush settings on the screenshot of the GUI.
http://animationpaper.com/wp-content/up ... enshot.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But I really like the simple and clean interface.

Edit : image too big
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

schwarzgrau wrote:Oh right, I didn't noticed there isn't a fill tool or detailed brush settings on the screenshot of the GUI.
http://animationpaper.com/wp-content/up ... enshot.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But I really like the simple and clean interface.
There has been quite a bit of "buzz" created about Animation Paper in the last couple of weeks (after having been given a big boost by a free press release from Cartoon Brew the Animation Paper Facebook page has grown to almost 4,000 "Likes" overnight), but from what I can tell there is no software yet . It seems this may be the start of a crowdfunding venture . There is no "simple clean interface" yet , only a proposal . I believe the screenshots on the website are mock-ups of what he intends it to look like , some day ...

I wish him well , but I'm not sure what the market is for this . Digicel Flipbook essentially has everything he's proposing for a "simple" animation program (and actually Digicel Flipbook has a pretty good coloring system, but in my experience Flipbook has always been a bit buggy on Mac and they don't really offer robust tech support for Mac users ... I've had many frustrated students trying to use Flipbook , despite me recommending they get TVPaint ) or there is also the revival of the Pencil open-source software , now called Pencil2D for those who want the clean simple interface and some basic drawing tools to do pencil test animation.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I already wrote this on Cartoonbrew: any new version of this must strongly avoíd the usability nightmare of old PAP.

At the school I teach now they finally have TVP. Before they had PAP and TB Animate. After I demonstrated just a bit of TVP, 1/3 of the students wanted to buy it right away (but have to get the money first).
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

PAP for Mac has begin crowd funding.

One more thing,
Spoiler : Where are you going, RETAS ? :
/* And Celsys, their new vector & bitmap drawing/painting (based technology of Stylos and PAINTMAN) software called "CLIP STUDIO PAINT" deals in edition Français & Versión española (from 15th June) */
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I contributed to his Indiegogo campaign. Mostly because I'm curious to see where this goes. Hopefully he'll get his funding together.
  • Club Baboo
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.2
  • macOS Ventura 13.4.1 & Windows 10
  • Cintiq 27QHD
neonnoodle

Post by neonnoodle »

Lukas wrote:I contributed to his Indiegogo campaign. Mostly because I'm curious to see where this goes. Hopefully he'll get his funding together.
Same here.
VGmaster9

Post by VGmaster9 »

https://animationpaper.com/

Alpha version is now out. Will indeed be an affordable alternative to TVPaint.