Forum : ideas and improvements

To talk about anything else
Soom

Re: Forum : ideas and improvements

Post by Soom »

Elodie wrote:The text is readable, so I assume the problem comes from your screen colors. Can you send a picture (not a digital screenshot) ?

Please note that the website and forum style are not correct on Internet Explorer 8
well - I will make a photo when I bring in my camera, but it's not about text readability - of course I can read it if I concentrate, but the overall look was much clearer before, that's all i want to say. It was just less effort to read it and go around

meantime - here are 2 more attachments to show more precisely what I mean: on the parent forum page, with the list of threads, everything is grey and blue, except the numbers of thread pages, which is weird - how is that more important, than the subject of the thread? as a graphic artist, when I choose a color scheme, I always make a simple test - I turn everything into grayscale, and check the readability then. as you can see in the second attachment, this scheme is not best readable...
tvpforum_grey3.png
tvpforum_grey4.png
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

schwarzgrau wrote:It's not imported but maybe you could install the tapatalk plugin in this forum, so it's easier to access the forum on mobile devices.

Here you can find more informations
https://tapatalk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here is the free plugin for phpBB, including the instructions
https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=phpbb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Elodie wrote:Thank you for the information. We will have a look on it when we will have more free time.
I don't know if you're still really busy, if not maybe you could take a look at it.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I noticed that I got A LOT of french spam in the last months. As far as I know this is the only french place I'm using email, so I thought maybe it is possible to readout the email-adresses somehow. If others got the same impression, maybe you could check that.
Of course this is maybe just a contingency.
INSTAGRAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Just a little message to inform you about the recent changes in the forum : it has just been updated, so if notice any weird behaviour, please let us know !
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I really like this design change and oft course it's responsiveness, which makes it so much more useable in smartphones
INSTAGRAM
2dbert

Post by 2dbert »

Hey Elodie,
I don't know if it registers as weird behavior, but the "view unread posts" button and whatever other options used to appear after logging in seem to have vanished. Maybe that's on purpose, I found it quite handy the way it was though.
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro
2dbert

Post by 2dbert »

Sorry, I found it a second after posting the previous post of course
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Little new things about the forum : if you create a topic and ask a question, you can define the thread as solved once you've got your answer. Only the author and admins can use the tick box.
tick.jpg
tick.jpg (4.41 KiB) Viewed 84852 times
Soom

Post by Soom »

The SOLVE feature is fantastic, and the Forum looks great, but please allow me a little criticism: previously I could see links to my user folders (i.e. my posts, profile, etc.) directly in the top line, but now they are all hidden in the "Quick links" submenu, which, in my opinion, takes longer to navigate, having to click around more than necessary. For example, I would really love a link to my posts directly above the interface.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I didn't know such an option existed before ! Well, we will have a look to it :)
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Elodie wrote: 31 Mar 2017, 12:35 Little new things about the forum : if you create a topic and ask a question, you can define the thread as solved once you've got your answer. Only the author and admins can use the tick box.

I think this is a good feature, but is probably best used as a means of notifying the forum admins that a user's issue has been solved , however I think it should still have the topic title amended by the forum admins to say SOLVED , because unless someone has read this thread and has read Elodie's comment about what the check mark signifies , then how do they know what it means when they see a green check mark next to a topic ? How does adding a check mark to the topic "define the thread as solved" ?

Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but see the two screen shots attached . The first one is open to interpretation as to what the green check mark next to a topic title signifies (if you have not read this thread) . The second one tells the forum user (veteran or newbie) at a glance that the issue was solved .
check mark.jpg
problem SOLVED.jpg

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

I think that using both the check mark and the [SOLVED] tag is redundant, as both means the same thing.

A green check mark on a topic's name has always meant that the issue is resolved for me.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

FWIW, being relatively new here I would like to say that if I had to guess what a green check mark meant I would say it had something to do with a new post in the thread or that the topic had been acknowledged by admins. I would never ever have thought it had anything to do with the problem being solved.

[SOLVED] is very clear. It is sometimes used on other forums although it is not a standard by any means. It is obvious what it is there for. You don't have to be familiar with the forum, track down a legend describing what things mean or read forum instructions/rules which no one reads. It is a very practical method of communicating that the problem has been resolved.
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thierry wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 13:52 I think that using both the check mark and the [SOLVED] tag is redundant, as both means the same thing.

A green check mark on a topic's name has always meant that the issue is resolved for me.
But , Thierry, the green check mark means that to you because you are one of the forum admins and understand what it means, but unless the average forum user reads THIS thread and happens to read Elodie's post , how will they KNOW that the green check mark means that the issue is Solved ? That is my whole point.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I also thought the green checkmark is nice, especially since it's a lot easier to tick is, compared to adding [SOLVED] to the topic title, which will make it more likely that the topic really gets marked solved somehow. BUT I completely understand Ampy and Davids point here. Maybe the easiest solution could be to replace the checkmark image with something like an image which says "solved". Probably much more ugly, but everybody gets it.
I've attached an example, to show what I'm talking about.
Attachments
solved.png
solved.png (1016 Bytes) Viewed 84711 times
INSTAGRAM