CGWORLD Japan article topic : focus digital drawing

To talk about anything else
Fabrice

Re: CGWORLD Japan article topic : focus digital drawing

Post by Fabrice »

impressive, I wonder how much time and computers require the process.
Fabrice Debarge
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Fabrice wrote:I wonder how much time and computers require the process.

Code: Select all

Analysis of computation time for our model. We notice a significant speedup when using the GPU that drives computation times to under a second even for large input images.

For evaluation, we use an Intel Core i7-5960X CPU at 3.00 GHz with 8 cores and NVIDIA GeForce TITAN X GPU. 
We note that using a GPU gives nearly a 50× speedup. As we can see, our approach is suitable for real world usage.
Apple Mac mini (Intel Iris Pro, Intel i5 2cores) ; dropout :lol:
  • doc.jpg
p.s.
--------
waifu2x for MacOS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Metal
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

MdN -design & graphic- vol.266 http://www.mdn.co.jp/
special issue : Designing attractive VILAINs (from Hollywood masterpiece to Anime and Manga)
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

CGWORLD vol.214 (10th May 2016))Main issue : "Study of EFFECTS / NARUTO (video game), Street Figheter V and 3DCG NPR"
http://cgworld.jp/magazine/cgw214.html
Spoiler : including Japanim :

sub issue Making of "KABANERI" op (made with TVPaint Animation) and Tonko House "Moom -prelude-"

Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

ah thanks, I will try to buy CGWorld next week when arrived in Tokyo.
Fabrice Debarge
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

ten_zero wrote:WIT STUDIO, a Japanese Anime studio that introduction of TVPaint animation into their products uploaded "魔法使いの嫁 / The Ancient Magus Bride" trilogy trailer on August 2016 (*not only digital but also paper drawing).
Do you know if this series from WIT STUDIO - - 終 わ り の セ ラ フ 原 画 / Seraph of the End - - is also animated with TVPaint ? The template with the peg holes makes it look as if it was scanned paper animation , but the line work looks digital , not drawn on paper . (unless it is scanned pencil on paper drawings that are then Scan Cleaned and the lines are colored ?)

http://akill-blazard.blogspot.com/2015/ ... f-end.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

even in digital, WIT Studio uses a scanned paper template.
That said, I don't know if they used TVPaint or not for this animation. Will ask them later.
Fabrice Debarge
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Spoiler : :
D.T. Nethery wrote: Do you know if this series from WIT STUDIO - - 終わりのセラフ原画 / Seraph of the End - - is also animated with TVPaint ? The template with the peg holes makes it look as if it was scanned paper animation , but the line work looks digital , not drawn on paper . (unless it is scanned pencil on paper drawings that are then Scan Cleaned and the lines are colored ?)
The product's general animation director KADOWAKI Satoshi is using Photoshop for scanned image coloring but he & key frame drawing stuff also using paper and pencil.
fromOriginal_Magazine_article.jpg
Spoiler : including Japanim character :
ver_kabaneri.jpg

Kadowaki fixed key frame images (pink color paper)

The template including output (print out) ‎adjust blach frame peg hole as trim mark for scanning/convert raster to vector /export for outsourcing .
WIT_painted_peghole_paper.jpg
Anyway you are able to know everything soon : Monsieur Debarge seems to stay in Japan and contact with WIT STUDIO directly after a few hour ( on Monday, 8:00 A.M now in Japan ).

I suggest you to contact directly the article author, Achille Bibard : He is a French key animator who worked on WIT STUDIO and Bones TV series products.
I think these cleanup and shader coloring images by Adobe Flash (mainly) or Adobe Photoshop with Celsys RETAS STUDIO (Stylos, sub) ; as same as their guru ("Oban the star racer") Thomas Romain do.
Last edited by ten_zero on 07 Jun 2016, 08:32, edited 3 times in total.
Jet

Post by Jet »

ten_zero wrote:If you try CLIP STUDIO PAINT foreign languages license edtion demo, the Japanim peg hole (top) safe zone template layer make easy for convert PSD or Tiff.
Quick question ten zero, does CSP come with peg hole templates? I haven't noticed any peg hole or safe zone features yet. Also if you could, why does Japan add black squares around the peg holes? I've been given lots of templates like this but still not sure what they're used for, they look like black reinforcers to me. The template I mostly use is just the peg holes filled black, as if it was scanned.

I see with Trigger/WIT/Bones and others they use this.

OS: Win 11 / RAM: 128GB / GPU: RTX 3080 Ti / Display: Cintiq 27
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Out of CGWORLD.jp's article:

Minimum space, low running cost (including electoric power/bill) and mobility digital Animate drawing device for every Japanim animator : iPad Pro, Apple Pencil with Procreate
Last edited by ten_zero on 18 May 2016, 04:34, edited 7 times in total.
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

/* Added numbering */
Jet wrote:
  1. Quick question ten zero, does CSP come with peg hole templates? I haven't noticed any peg hole or safe zone features yet.
  2. Also if you could, why does Japan add black squares around the peg holes?
  1. You can download PDF/PSD template by AJA (The Association of Japanese Animations)

and Celsys user contents sharing service "CLIP" (required regist Celsys CLIP ID).
     one of sample:http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/ma ... id/1663293

or scanning every "Shipping in Japan only" material goods for professional.
     http://diomedea-shop.com/SHOP/61513/61582/list.html

2. For Celsys TRACEMAN "with auto document feeder scanner" and prevent Scan Bleed noise to delivery Key animator.

The function has "auto find peg hole, adjust B/W level noise and sort position" Batch processing.
    There are many style -"Black peg hole" "white peg hole, black background" "Outlined peg hole"- each company.
    For example WIT STUDIO, XEBEC and signal MD is same Production I.G group : their layput paper template using same peg "black BG" hole format.
Here is a good sample to comapre with "Celsys TRACEMAN ADF adjuster" and TVPaint Animation 11 "Peg hole stabilizer".
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Here is SIGNAL. MD's Japanim tap hole paper template from "HIRUNE hime (Princess Siesta/2017 Summer)".
The Director KAMIYAMA is known "Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C." and "Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit".

Last edited by ten_zero on 07 Jun 2016, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

The Director KAMIYAMA is known "Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C." and "Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit".
cool, so I can tell him (or her ?) that many people in France except a release of Moribito in french (with subtitles).
Fabrice Debarge
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

:?

I should have linked the information about HIM ...

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenji_Kamiyama

KAMIYAMA is CEO of STEVE N' STEVEN the part of company "CRAFTER" made with Tonko House "Moom".
Even so MIYAZAKI Hayao "the first" full 3DCG animation "BORO", made with STEVE N' STEVEN.
Last edited by ten_zero on 07 Jun 2016, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

I apologize, I didn't want to make a bad joke nor an offense with my question (language barrier again, I guess ?)
I always thought that Moribo's director & scenarist was a maybe a woman, expecially because of Moribito's story itself. Also (but I'm maybe wrong) "Kenji" is a Japanese mixed name.

Anyway, I'm very happy that such a talented person will make a film with TVPaint. I can't wait to see it !!
Fabrice Debarge