Various stuff made with TVPaint

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
lam giang

Re: Various stuff made with TVPaint

Post by lam giang »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 04 Jul 2017, 18:07 Winner of the May 2017 11 Second Club competition is by Madalin Truica . It’s a hybrid hand-drawn/CG piece. The hand-drawn animation is done in TVPaint -

https://truicamblr.tumblr.com/post/1609 ... month-just

https://vimeo.com/218345488

awesome character animation!
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

http://motionographer.com/2017/07/05/ma ... -your-own/
What was your process like for this film and was there anything new you learned along the way?

If I remember correctly, I said I would not use Photoshop to animate ever again. I was faithful to that claim! This time I wanted to give more attention to the animation, so I mainly used TVPaint.

The version 11 of the program contains wonderful new features, such as the CTG layers that fill out your line animation with colors, almost automatically, with very few efforts. It saved me an invaluable amount of time, and it also made sense logistically, because I wanted to get some help from my collective and we all learned to use TVPaint at school.
VGmaster9

Post by VGmaster9 »

Elodie wrote: 08 Jun 2017, 08:50 In case you would have never seen this gorgeous animations from the film Mune :

The animation in that indeed looks good, but I haven't heard so great things about the story. Is it worth watching?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

VGmaster9 wrote: 06 Jul 2017, 13:05 Is it worth watching?
I enjoyed the film much more than I expected : unique universe, nice story, stunning animation (2D and 3D are both excellent). I was afraid it would be quite childish and finally, I spent a really good time. I've even got it on DVD.
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

Elodie wrote: 06 Jul 2017, 12:37

http://motionographer.com/2017/07/05/ma ... -your-own/
What was your process like for this film and was there anything new you learned along the way?

If I remember correctly, I said I would not use Photoshop to animate ever again. I was faithful to that claim! This time I wanted to give more attention to the animation, so I mainly used TVPaint.

The version 11 of the program contains wonderful new features, such as the CTG layers that fill out your line animation with colors, almost automatically, with very few efforts. It saved me an invaluable amount of time, and it also made sense logistically, because I wanted to get some help from my collective and we all learned to use TVPaint at school.

SO Amazing! the storytelling method is so smart and memorable!
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

A short film whose 2D sequences have been made in TVPaint, according to an article read on Animation Magazine - October 2016.
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

:D
VGmaster9

Post by VGmaster9 »

Elodie wrote: 06 Jul 2017, 13:46
VGmaster9 wrote: 06 Jul 2017, 13:05 Is it worth watching?
I enjoyed the film much more than I expected : unique universe, nice story, stunning animation (2D and 3D are both excellent). I was afraid it would be quite childish and finally, I spent a really good time. I've even got it on DVD.
Nice, I'll check it out sometime. I just wish the states would have more unique animated films instead of the same old whitewashed kiddie stuff.
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

here is a water test I did for fun! The little boy character was inspired by the HongKong's ghost movies in the 90s.

Attachments
WhaterLine.gif
WhaterLine.gif (1.78 MiB) Viewed 56269 times
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Really good water animation ! I always found water peculiarly hard to animate !
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

Thanks, Elodie! I have been subscribing to Adam Phillips' 2D FX animation course for awhile now. There are really good contents there covering from water, fire, smoke...etc.
I will try your water reflection tip soon once I prepare all the files in photoshop.
Again, thanks for you help!
Elodie wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 05:31 Really good water animation ! I always found water peculiarly hard to animate !
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I did know neither this dude nor his work ! Cool stuff indeed ! Would be nice to convert him to TVPaint :mrgreen:

Another reference for 2D FX (the best IMHO) : Elemental Magic.
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

Elodie wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 14:50 I did know neither this dude nor his work ! Cool stuff indeed ! Would be nice to convert him to TVPaint :mrgreen:

Another reference for 2D FX (the best IMHO) : Elemental Magic.
He uses Toonboom :/...
hahah a fellow animator at work recommended this book to me, just got it last week and start reading it slowly.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Yeah i know, I saw his work on the internet (that's why I was talking about conversion :twisted: )
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

Elodie wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 19:10 Yeah i know, I saw his work on the internet (that's why I was talking about conversion :twisted: )
Obviously, I am not very sharp in conversation :roll: