How do I make my tvpiant animation an interactive animation on device

To talk about anything else
lam giang

How do I make my tvpiant animation an interactive animation on device

Post by lam giang »

Hello all,
This is a bit off topic. I am interested in find out more about making interactive animation on web/mobile. I did my quick search. There are few softwares could do that : Adobe animate, hippo studio (correct me if I am wrong).
I am hoping to have a workflow like animating in TVP and makes it interactive on device through an artists friendly interactive software. Let me know if you know and can recommend some, thank you! :)

Lam Giang
Benjamin Cerbai

Re: How do I make my tvpiant animation an interactive animation on device

Post by Benjamin Cerbai »

Hello Lam,

You can use TVPaint to make your animation, then export them and use them as assets on an other software to code your interaction.

For example, animation for the app Gigglebug were made with TVPaint :

I don't know what they used to create the app itself.

But it is completely possible to add your TVPaint animation into an app you want to create. :D
Benjamin Cerbai, illustrator and videographer.
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

@ Benjamin Cerbai : yes, that's exactly what I want to know more about. I want my presentation to be more interactive like I can ask people to click here and there to turn the pages...etc. I have searched around, most of the softwares require some level of coding knowledge which I am lack of.

Thank you so much for taking your time to answer my question :)

Lam Giang
Benjamin Cerbai

Maybe using Unity will help you to have some interactivity without having to code much ?

But I think a developer is needed for that kind of project, if you don't want to spend time learning some code basics. With your great artwork I think you can find someone interested in coding with you. :D
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

@ Benjamin: I found Craft by Invision. It is for designer to do prototyping on iPhone, laptop. Designer can create link from one page (art piece) to next and have it interactive. I gona do more research to see if the software support gifs, avi files...etc
https://www.invisionapp.com/craft

I don't have a project tailored to that yet. It just me being curious about interactive animation :).

Greatly appreciate you help :) thanks!
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

And yes, game engine like Unity could do that as well! Like making a point and click interactive storytelling project! :P
Benjamin Cerbai

This solution could be nice !

I'm curious to see what you can create, it would be great to have links to your interactive work in progress between TVPaint and other pieces of software.
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

I will share it but no promise yet :)
I found out more softwares like that some are pay monthly, some are one time payment. I am still in consideration, comparison phrase which software I should invest in...

Great talk to you as always!

lam giang
Tylos

Post by Tylos »

I am programing games/apps on Unity and Animate CC.

Animate CC could be easy start for animators. As it was for me. From Animate CC you can export to ios and android... Unity has some limitations on 2d animation and some good stuff too. But importing animation/video can take a lot of space... we had project whit 40clips and it was about 100mb.. In flash it could be a problem as you need to split project and so on..... Best solution in unity is import MP4 as it has good optimisation... Importing PNG sequance or sprites could be hard... In animate cc you can import Image sequence... but usual I use vectors as it take almost no space.... or some motion graphic...
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

@Tylos : Thanks for all the inside! Please feel free to share your works :). I would like to see them.

At this point, I just try to be open_minded and collect all the advices and feedbacks. I think along the way, I will be able to ask the right questions and discover something that fit into my prefer workflow. At work I don't get to learn much about game engine. It is something I also need to learn for work as well as for my personal development. My to do list for this year is growing :)
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

Hello Tylos:

They are very cool! It is good that you are sharing your work. We all can see how you apply your creativity with these softwares.
I like you are showing us little bit of everything from AR to 3d to games...
For 3 D do you use Cinema 4 D/Sketch up???

Agains, thank you very much!

Lam
Tylos

Post by Tylos »

For 3d I use Lightwave 3d.... Ages ago tvpaint was distributed by same company Newtek.... But blender not bad too.. It has many tutorials and it's free

Usualy I make just some models, because you can found many already made for free or small price.. Usualy I make models wich I can't finde or it's to expencive to buy......