lame lemec's drawings!

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
jeckos150

Re: lame lemec's drawings!

Post by jeckos150 »

Hello Lemec,

I like very much your product drawings (such as the rifle or the game pad). I'm interested in using TV Paint as a drawing tool to create product design concepts, do you have any professional background in that matter? Sharing your knowledge / opinion would be nice.
lemec

Post by lemec »

melanie wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 10:57 I really like your drawings!

Thanks for sharing :)
Thanks Melanie, I've been using TVPaint for quite some time and it's served me through many changes in my drawing style, which is constantly in flux. I've tried many other programs but only TVPaint is powerful, versatile and malleable enough to keep up with my many finicky demands.
(Win7x64, TVP Pro 11 32-bit)
lemec

Post by lemec »

jeckos150 wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 11:42 Hello Lemec,

I like very much your product drawings (such as the rifle or the game pad). I'm interested in using TV Paint as a drawing tool to create product design concepts, do you have any professional background in that matter? Sharing your knowledge / opinion would be nice.
The closest examples of work I have to what you're looking for is video game concept art.
floorplan.png
elevator_interior.png
domeCity.png
CasketStorage_Render.png
cargobot.png
bugbot.png
TVPaint's capability to manage vast quantities of sequential images (animations) as well as multiple compositions (clips) make it very well suited to rapid prototyping workflows in contrast to other drawing programs, which are usually designed to handle single images that are not part of a single project.

- I don't have to go very far out of my way to be able to crank out drawing after drawing in separate frames by simply adding additional frames and being able to flip through them with Next/Previous animation functions instead of having to create new documents from scratch every time I intend to iterate on an idea.
- I can group together multiple iterations of a concept within a clip, and make separate clips when I have new but separate concepts related to an overall project, and then save it all within the same project file.
- TVPaint's got a lot of functions for creating polished illustrations so I don't have to jump to a separate software if I intend to take one of my iterations of a concept and elaborate upon it and clean it up.
jeckos150

Post by jeckos150 »

The workflow you are depicting is quite close to what I had in mind. Thank you for this little overview and keep on the good work!
lemec

Post by lemec »

sss2.png
sss.png
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Always a pleasure to see your art Mark !
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.