George Commands for the Library?

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Gary

George Commands for the Library?

Post by Gary »

Hi there, I was wondering if there might be any George commands that interact with Version 11's Library? We're planning to use the library for for model sheets and it'd be handy if there was a scripting way that we could mass update TVP files with the sheets as they get made.
Fabrice

Re: George Commands for the Library?

Post by Fabrice »

Hello Gary,

The developper in charge of the library is not in the office currently, we will try to answer later.
Fabrice Debarge
Mike

Post by Mike »

Currently, there is no george command to manage the library.

I added it on our TODO list, but it's not an easy stuff, as there will be many functions to implement (add/remove/move/rename/...folder/image/import/...), think about what/how set their parameters, ...
TVPaint Team
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hi Fabrice and Mike,
If it helps you, I can explain our use case. We intend to have character's model sheets in the library for animators to refer to. We'd like a reliable way to make sure it's an up to date model sheet, and something automated through George would be ideal.

Thanks for the response!
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Gary,

When would you need it exactly ?
Fabrice Debarge
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

BTW, we would benefit from this as well. It sounds something like a Dropbox where anybody could go to; if I understand this correctly.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Gary

Post by Gary »

Realistically, if we're going to use it we'd need it in the next 5 weeks. That gives us time to implement it before any production starts.

That might not be enough time for you especially since you said it involves multiple commands. But it's not a necessary function for us, we can run the production without it if that's not enough time.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

On our side, we should release the 11.0.2 soon with many bugfix (some crash bugs should be fixed).

Just after, we have to update all our compilation software and also the dongle system (mostly to make sure we will stay compatible with Windows 10 and Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan).
Unfortunaltely, we have no idea how long this operation will require. It could be super fast or a long nightmare (like looking for new rounding problems since calculations might be done differently after the update)

If less than 5 weeks, we might develop some new George commands and be ready for your production, but I can not promise.
Fabrice Debarge
Gary

Post by Gary »

Ok, we understand Fabrice. Just keep us posted if you are able to add the commands, thanks!
my1ironlung

Post by my1ironlung »

Years later, I'm following up on this. It would be a useful thing to have for me as well.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

my1ironlung wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 01:24 Years later, I'm following up on this. It would be a useful thing to have for me as well.
The entire GEORGE scripting command set is now available on line << HERE >>

These are the commands that control access to, and functionality of, the Image Library... and are pretty comprehensive:
=======================================================================================================
tv_libraryimageadd "type" "folder" "name" iName "parent" iId
tv_libraryimageadd "type" "image" "name" iName "parent" iId "source" "file" "path" iPathFile
tv_libraryimageadd "type" "image" "name" iName "parent" iId "source" "currentlayerimage"|"display"|"custombrush"
tv_libraryimagelist "id" iId ["type" "folder"|"image"|"both"]
tv_libraryimageinfo "id" iId|iPath ["type" "id"|"type"|"name"]
tv_libraryimagemodify "id" iId ["type" iName]
tv_libraryimageremove "id" iId tv_libraryimagecopy "id" iId
tv_libraryimagepaste "parent" iId ["mode" "copy"|"cut"]

Search the documentation page using "tv_Library" to find more syntax details in the second half of the list.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
my1ironlung

Post by my1ironlung »

ah wonderful! thank you sven!
alarawany

Post by alarawany »

The developper in charge of the library is not in the office currently, we will try to answer later.
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science
COLEWINGLER

Post by COLEWINGLER »

It sounds something like a Dropbox where anybody could go to; in case I fathom this precisely