Bug: Unable to Modify "Magic Blue Eraser" Tool from Sketch Panel

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
TheQuestionMark

Bug: Unable to Modify "Magic Blue Eraser" Tool from Sketch Panel

Post by TheQuestionMark »

So I've been using sketch and I discover a bug. When you try to copy "Magic Blue Eraser" tool from Sketch Panel, paste to another tool bar, and try to modify the size, and save the tool. It sets back to "color" mode and doesn't set back to "custom" mode that it won't erase BluePen Brush.
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)
TheQuestionMark

Re: Bug: Unable to Modify "Magic Blue Eraser" Tool from Sketch Panel

Also when using color lines. The Magic Blue Eraser, erases some of it color. Is there a way to erase the exact color, not erase other colors, and be more accurate?

Here's the Example and Problem I have.

As you can it's tinted lighter when stroked from the original. Check the #hex. It's serious problem for me. I need the colors to be exact, really exact and precise. Exact. Please fix the problem asap.

Is there a command script/george script in the mean time, you can write/create a tool to reduce color range of the eraser? I'm dying I need it now. It can be custom airbrush eraser tool. Or I think doing this script that erases all of the blue :
" tv_cmd Heads tv_pixelmatrix 1 0 0 0 0 0.588 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 1 0 ", will be easier, but it needs to greatly reduce the color range to be exactly zero that truly deletes the blue and don't distort the colors. I settle with 2nd option, if the first option is too hard. If it's the 2nd option, I will settle with just using a flat blue pen with no opacity pressure for time being until the real fix comes out. I don't understand the numbers from the script so I need help. Is it to possible to just delete the exact flat color value by using hex# to make it easier to , like #0096FF? "tv_cmd Heads tv_pixelmatrix #0096FF? I'm only looking to delete only #0096FF.
TheQuestionMark

Never Mind I found the solution. I just Fill Erase with "B Color" with the Main Color Line for the 2nd Option. But it seems rather confusing. I want to erase exactly #0096FF but don't know how with Fill Tool. If choose the Main Line Color instead of #0096FF the line quality change very very slightly. Is there another way?

I still want if possible to maybe add "B Color to Erase" Mode with Air Brush and have Color Range Option?
melanie

Post by melanie »

TheQuestionMark wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 19:31 So I've been using sketch and I discover a bug. When you try to copy "Magic Blue Eraser" tool from Sketch Panel, paste to another tool bar, and try to modify the size, and save the tool. It sets back to "color" mode and doesn't set back to "custom" mode that it won't erase BluePen Brush.
Once you have saved your brush with the desired size, edit it, and insert a new command:

tv_custommode 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 7225 7225 -10881 1 0

custom.png
custom.png (12.12 KiB) Viewed 26941 times

You should then get your custom mode back every time you click on the brush.

TheQuestionMark wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 19:42 Also when using color lines. The Magic Blue Eraser, erases some of it color. Is there a way to erase the exact color, not erase other colors, and be more accurate?

Here's the Example and Problem I have.

As you can it's tinted lighter when stroked from the original. Check the #hex. It's serious problem for me. I need the colors to be exact, really exact and precise. Exact. Please fix the problem asap.

Is there a command script/george script in the mean time, you can write/create a tool to reduce color range of the eraser? I'm dying I need it now. It can be custom airbrush eraser tool. Or I think doing this script that erases all of the blue :
" tv_cmd Heads tv_pixelmatrix 1 0 0 0 0 0.588 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 1 0 ", will be easier, but it needs to greatly reduce the color range to be exactly zero that truly deletes the blue and don't distort the colors. I settle with 2nd option, if the first option is too hard. If it's the 2nd option, I will settle with just using a flat blue pen with no opacity pressure for time being until the real fix comes out. I don't understand the numbers from the script so I need help. Is it to possible to just delete the exact flat color value by using hex# to make it easier to , like #0096FF? "tv_cmd Heads tv_pixelmatrix #0096FF? I'm only looking to delete only #0096FF.
Do you use the Magic Blue Eraser with or without AntiAliasing?
Melanie • Animator
TheQuestionMark

melanie wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 11:32
Do you use the Magic Blue Eraser with or without AntiAliasing?
Right now without Anti-Alias. I think it's better without any AntiAliasing. Why?
Last edited by TheQuestionMark on 17 Dec 2018, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
TheQuestionMark

It works! How do you choose the color with the tv_custommode?! Do you need a special software to find the code for the color?

On a second thought. Hmmm it does very very slightly changes the line edge. Maybe one of the frame of my custom brush has anti-alias in it. I really don't mind need losing edges very very slightly, if it's too much trouble to do it.
TheQuestionMark

I just realize you can't used the warp tool. Is anti-alias better? I need the anti-alias one, if there is code for one.
TheQuestionMark

So I made a new custom brush and it uses AAliasing. I thought I would get reply after my latest post but got nothing after a long time.

How do set up magic eraser to erase over my AAliasing lines and retain the line quality without having it line thicken and loses it's quality?

Also how do I understand the color code for TVPaint Commands? I thinking of trying out the color orange. Is there instruction for it so I can do it myself?
daninski

Post by daninski »

I think TVPaint uses an RGB code from memory, the colour panel can tell you the number. I'll check later today.
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
TheQuestionMark

daninski wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 06:26 I think TVPaint uses an RGB code from memory, the colour panel can tell you the number. I'll check later today.
I don't see the color code for RGB. The numbers that melanie gave goes up 7225, four digits.
7225 7225 -10881 1 0
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

TheQuestionMark wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 06:40
daninski wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 06:26 I think TVPaint uses an RGB code from memory, the colour panel can tell you the number. I'll check later today.
I don't see the color code for RGB. The numbers that melanie gave goes up 7225, four digits.
7225 7225 -10881 1 0
Have a look at the User Manual:

https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... der-picker

"Each option of the Color panel has a line called Status bar at the bottom of the Color panel. Its purpose is to indicate the RGB, HSL or hexadecimal values of the A color.
Click on this bar to change this display."
Toggle_RGB_HSL_HEX#.gif
Toggle_RGB_HSL_HEX#.gif (4.05 MiB) Viewed 24847 times

The Color Slider option shows RGB , HSL and Hex all displayed at the same time:

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
TheQuestionMark

D.T. Nethery wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 13:06
TheQuestionMark wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 06:40
7225 7225 -10881 1 0
Have a look at the User Manual:

https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... der-picker

"Each option of the Color panel has a line called Status bar at the bottom of the Color panel. Its purpose is to indicate the RGB, HSL or hexadecimal values of the A color.
Click on this bar to change this display."

Toggle_RGB_HSL_HEX#.gif

The Color Slider option shows RGB , HSL and Hex all displayed at the same time:

But how do you enter script code for the magic eraser. Look at melanie's post it more complicated than typing in the RGB code of what your showing.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

TheQuestionMark wrote: 01 May 2019, 12:35
But how do you enter script code for the magic eraser. Look at melanie's post it more complicated than typing in the RGB code of what your showing.
I guess I misunderstood what you are asking for . It looked like you said you did not know how to view the RGB number codes .
I see now what you're asking about . Sorry, I know nothing about scripting .

But looking at Melanie's post , I don't think the four-digit numbers have anything to do with the RGB codes , because in the image she posted the RGB numbers are in
the two lines above the line of script that is under discussion , unless I'm missing something.

You had written:
"I don't see the color code for RGB. The numbers that melanie gave goes up 7225, four digits.
7225 7225 -10881 1 0"
referencing Melanie's line of script:

tv_custommode 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 7225 7225 -10881 1 0

But I don't think that line of script has anything to do with RGB codes (?) . (but again, I know nothing about scripting , so maybe I just don't get what it is you are asking .)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
TheQuestionMark

Svengali wrote: 01 May 2019, 14:54 Two links that might relate or clarify:

"ScanCleaner Eraser"
"Eric Scholl explains how tv_PixelMatrix works..."

Sven
When I look at the chart, there seem to be an error. If you look at the green he put 1 on it he said 100. It should be 255. It look really confusing due to that. It doesn't give any details on how to Alpha like Melanie's. I tried to do the equations to get Melanie's number but I'm unable to. Help I'm really confuse. TVPaint Developers should already develop tools to simplify this and enhance the control to specifically take out the color and specifically make brush that doesn't mess the Alpha Channel, any weak pixel shouldn't be able to draw on it and Behind Mode doesn't work since it's affected with very lightly opacity pixel. Should there be "Behind 2" Brush Mode, where it will only draw on truly transparent area? Also "Custom Mode 2" for the Magic Eraser does not make the lines thicker when you are erasing the color you are going for?