TVP 11 Zoom Bug

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
totemcreative

TVP 11 Zoom Bug

Post by totemcreative »

Hi there,

This is happening quite frequently where the mouse and tablet pen suddenly get stuck on the zoom in function (as if I'm pressing on the option key and dragging my canvas). Even if I press shortcut keys to the brush/selection or any other tool, it gets stuck on the zoom function and doesn't allow me to do anything else.
The only solution out of this that I've seen is to save the file from the toolbar and restart TVP; but it's really annoying as this happens quite often. :(

Has this happened to anyone else here?

Best,
Nikhita
Dean
Site Admin

Re: TVP 11 Zoom Bug

Post by Dean »

Hello Nikhita,
This sounds like the Option key getting stuck somehow :? did this ever happen in another piece of software too?
Would it be possible for you to enable the Startup panel in your TVPaint's Preferences (in the Startup tab) and use it to reset your config to see if this changes anything?
Probably a vampire
Padruig

Post by Padruig »

I get this from time to time as well. I do not have to restart, if I simply right click but with my mouse it will work again. For me it seems like it is the right click on the Wacom pen that "gets stuck" although it is not physically. Then the right click from the mouse will stop the zoom function and I can continue on as normal.

I also have the occasional playback issue when I play my animation but the animation will not stop when I want it to, TVPaint appears to stop responding. I click the timeline, I hit stop button, doesn't matter what I do it continues to play the animation. Eventually, and the length of time varies, TVPaint will kick in again and start registering every keystroke, gesture and click I had made while it wasn't responding and then it continues on as normal. I never know when it this hiccup will occur. Most of the time it responds as you would expect.

I have grown used to the idiosyncrasies. I do hope it gets sorted in the next release.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Regarding the first issue, it sounds a lot like the button used for right cliking on your Wacom peripheral has some sort of faulty contact, maybe you could try binding the right click to another button and see if this still happens.

About the freezes: which Version/Edition of TVPaint are you using and what are your machine's specs please?
Probably a vampire
Padruig

Post by Padruig »

I am running TVPaint 11.0.8 on a 2017 iMac running OS Mojave(10.14.6) 3.4 GHz Intel Core I5, 16 GB memory, and a Radeon Pro 570 4 GB graphic card.

I'l try using a different pen to test the button theory.

Thanks.