New Update: Start up crash Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
rkang1

New Update: Start up crash

Post by rkang1 »

I recently updated from 11.8 to 11.9 and every time I open TVPaint it says the dongle is not connected, and if I press ok it crashes. I can temporarily solve the issue by deleting the program and re-download everything, but when I close and re-open the program I have to deal with it again. Is anyone else dealing with this issue?
rkang1

Re: New Update: Start up crash

Post by rkang1 »

Sorry I did not see the "please read" pin on the forum before posting but here is some more info on my set up:

MacOS Mojave (version 10.14.6)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 in
TVPaint Pro 11.9 64 bit

Also hello and thank you!
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello rkang1,

Your issue seems to be linked to the Sentinel driver being blocked by Mac Security, please refer to this thread for a way to fix the situation :)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10944

Did you keep the same Sentinel version installed when installing 11.0.9 or did you install a version which was in the 11.0.9 install package?
Probably a vampire
rkang1

Post by rkang1 »

I was digging around my downloads folder and I may have some remnants of the previous driver so I will try deleting that and try again.

With 11.9 I am able to use TVPaint for like a day until the next time it crashes which is odd?
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Seems like it is 100% due to Mac Security, the software closing after displaying the "no dongle" message is no crash.
Please try using the Sentinel versions contained in the 11.0.9 install package to see if this changes anything.
Probably a vampire
rkang1

Post by rkang1 »

Yes I thought I had followed the sentinel directions correctly, but I missed the second permission allowance. Thank you so much and sorry for the trouble!