Brush profile cannot be selected Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
johnfromncl

Brush profile cannot be selected

Post by johnfromncl »

I have successfully altered brush profiles in the past (probably with my old Wacom tablet, and a few minor updates ago older version of TVPaint 11 pro). Now when I click on the profile preview (next to the brush shape preview) absolutely nothing happens.
I have tried clicking with my mac's tracker pad as well as the pen on my Wacom Cintiq 16 tablet (that's the the new lower-resolution Cintiq just released), in case the problem is with that somehow. But everything else with TVPaint seems to be working, including changing power and size profiles, but not the brush profile.
Is there a lock on changing brush profiles somewhere that I have accidentally set?
Any ideas on how to sort this?
Many thanks
John
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020). 3.8 Ghz 8-core Intel Core i7, 128GB 2667 MHz DDR4. MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.
TVPaint Animation 11 Pro (11.5.2-64 bits).
Wacom Cintiq pro 24". Driver using 6.3.43-3 (avoiding 6.3.44-1)
John from Newcastle, johnfromncl Updated 2021-09-24
Peter Wassink

Re: Brush profile cannot be selected

Post by Peter Wassink »

the only suggestion i can come up with is that the profile panel could be opening up underneath some other panel or somewhere else you can't see it.
maybe you shifted it all the way to the side once and now when you open it its only a few pixels along the edge of the screen...
this sometimes happens, you could try closing all other panels and see if you see a glimpse of the profile panel?
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
johnfromncl

Re: Brush profile cannot be selected

Post by johnfromncl »

Hi Peter
Many thanks for your help: Success!
I must have dragged the profile panel to the bottom of the screen at some stage. I eventually located it by working through different rooms, bringing up the tool panel and selecting the brush preview trying to get it to show. There it was - just visible at the bottom line of the screen.
Once located and moved away from there, it showed again in Room 1 where I'd initially looked for it - which has loads of info on that bottom line which I usually ignore!
Many thanks for your suggestion and solving something that had had me completely stumped! - John
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020). 3.8 Ghz 8-core Intel Core i7, 128GB 2667 MHz DDR4. MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.
TVPaint Animation 11 Pro (11.5.2-64 bits).
Wacom Cintiq pro 24". Driver using 6.3.43-3 (avoiding 6.3.44-1)
John from Newcastle, johnfromncl Updated 2021-09-24