Bought a brand new tablet and issue still persists...

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
IZUHU

Bought a brand new tablet and issue still persists...

Post by IZUHU »

I bought a BRAND NEW XP-Pen Deco LW tablet just to show you that there is a bug in the software with the eraser brush:

It does the SAME thing that my Intuos Pro does listed here:

https://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=15

I found an easier way to replicate the issue in my forum post. Can anyone attempt to replicate it please ? Thank you...
D.T. Nethery

Re: Bought a brand new tablet and issue still persists...

Post by D.T. Nethery »

IZUHU wrote: 16 Apr 2022, 05:58 I bought a BRAND NEW XP-Pen Deco LW tablet just to show you that there is a bug in the software with the eraser brush:

I found an easier way to replicate the issue in my forum post. Can anyone attempt to replicate it please ? Thank you...

I've tried to replicate the issue on my end , but I can't do it. I reset the Eraser exactly at you showed in your post here : https://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=15

When I use the eraser with those settings it functions normally. I've tried it with both my Intuos Pro and Cintiq 21UX . I can't replicate the problem.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
IZUHU

Post by IZUHU »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 16 Apr 2022, 15:13
IZUHU wrote: 16 Apr 2022, 05:58 I bought a BRAND NEW XP-Pen Deco LW tablet just to show you that there is a bug in the software with the eraser brush:

I've tried to replicate the issue on my end , but I can't do it. I reset the Eraser exactly at you showed in your post here : https://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=15

When I use the eraser with those settings it functions normally. I've tried it with both my Intuos Pro and Cintiq 21UX . I can't replicate the problem.
Thank you for trying to replicate this with me :)

I will be trying to another PC when I have the time to spin up a new Windows machine. I was able to replicate it easier by drawing lightly on the tablet, was the same done ? Also, are you using Windows as well ?
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

IZUHU wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 04:10
Thank you for trying to replicate this with me :)

I will be trying to another PC when I have the time to spin up a new Windows machine. I was able to replicate it easier by drawing lightly on the tablet, was the same done ?
Also, are you using Windows as well ?
No, I'm on Mac. Maybe this issue you're having with the eraser is only on the Windows version ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
IZUHU

Post by IZUHU »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 14:29 No, I'm on Mac. Maybe this issue you're having with the eraser is only on the Windows version ?
It appears to be so, its very possible for the bug to exist on the Windows deployment of the software. I just tried it on my other Windows PC and was still able to replicate it. I wouldn't be surprised since the majority of the users I came across on here are Mac users which is why nobody is able to replicate it :\
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

We did a lot of testing on Windows, using a Cintiq and are still unable to reproduce the issue, sadly.
Probably a vampire
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

We were also unable to reproduce this issue on macOS for the time being.
IZUHU

Post by IZUHU »

Dean wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 10:26 We did a lot of testing on Windows, using a Cintiq and are still unable to reproduce the issue, sadly.
I appreciate you guys trying. I'll just have to come back to this program when the next update comes where the issue hopefully disappears for me :\