shifting the project window

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ronitcoh@gmail.com

shifting the project window

Post by ronitcoh@gmail.com »

Is there a way to put the project window on my secound screen? when I try to move it, it stays on the program borders on one screen and it cant be moved out side of it. is there a solution for that?
thanks
D.T. Nethery

Re: shifting the project window

Post by D.T. Nethery »

It is not possible.

What is possible is to stretch out the TVPaint interface across two (or more) monitors and then move panels to one monitor or the other. (double-click on the upper border of the project window to detach it so it is free-floating)

So you could have the main project window on one monitor and your Timeline and custom panels on the other monitor.

If you're looking to declutter the interface so you only see the main drawing canvas area you can set a shortcut key for the action 'Interface:Close/Restore L+R Drawers and Timeline' . I have mine set to the J key , but you can set yours to any available key for the shortcut. Pressing this key instantly hides the Left and Right storage drawers and the timeline , so all you have is the drawing canvas (and if you want a floating panel with a small set of your most used brushes and erasers ). Press the key again brings up the Drawers and Timeline again.

The other option if you have TVPaint PRO is to set up one of the Rooms as a full screen drawing canvas (no timeline , no drawers) and you can just switch back and forth between rooms if you need to work with all the toolbars and timeline visible. Switching between rooms is also activated by shortcut keys, so it's easy to switch back and forth between rooms.

If you want to see this in action, here's a quick screencapture video I made demonstrating it: https://youtu.be/h662e8PJENc .

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 8.13.32 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 8.19.49 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 8.19.49 AM.jpg (4.74 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 8.19.34 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 8.19.34 AM.jpg (80.44 KiB) Viewed 1089 times

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1