Shortcuts swap pannel buton ?

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Nhils

Shortcuts swap pannel buton ?

Post by Nhils »

Hello!

I looked a little bit through the archives, but the keyword "shortcuts" yields many many results ; so apologies if this has already been asked.

I was wondering if there was a way to make a button in a custom panel to switch between shortcut presets, as both in productions or in teaching positions, when you have to give feedback on someone else's setup, having to upload shortcuts back and forth is annoying.
I'd love to be able to make a button like "LEAD"/"TEACHER" and "MINE" to be able to switch and revert easily between shortcuts configurations.

I looked a bit through George's commands, but didn't see anything that would let me do that I think (plus I have no programming experience).

Would that be do-able in George or through a future update mayhaps?

Thank you all :)
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Shortcuts swap pannel buton ?

Post by Thierry »

I like this idea a lot!

It's certainly doable in George, using those two commands we added in v11.5.3:

Code: Select all

tv_SaveKeymap ‘my/path’
tv_LoadKeymap ‘my/path’
But this is probably something that should be available in the software, without the need to load a custom panel, and would require a bit of a redesign of the Shortcuts panel
It won't be for the next update, but we'll definitely consider it for v12.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Cardin

Post by Cardin »

Since Thierry said this may not be implemented until v12, an alternative to setting up a George Script would be to just use different Rooms when coaching or giving feedback:

When you configure keyboard shortcuts its only set for the current room.

So, if your students or workers are using Room 1, you can designate one of the other three rooms to be the "Lead/Teacher" room and load your preferred keymap on that room for each workstation. Then, it will be saved for future use. When you need to switch rooms, you would just hit the Room shortcut button (default is CTRL PAD [Room number]).

Each room can also have it's own color scheme and panel arrangement so the user would not be confused about which configuration they're on. The drawback to this method would be if your studio or class already used all four rooms for something specific.
Last edited by Cardin on 08 Jul 2022, 17:04, edited 2 times in total.
TVPaint 11 Pro(11.7.2-64bits) Nov 14, 2023 Release
System: i9-13900K, 128GB RAM, Intel Arc A770(16GB), Win 11 (Ver. 10.0.22621 Build 22621)
Wacom Cintiq 4K (Driver 6.4.5-5 Jan 25, 2024)
Nhils

Post by Nhils »

Oh nice !! Thank you both for these solutions, it helps a lot 😊 !!
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Cardin wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 16:38 Since Thierry said this may not be implemented until v12, an alternative to setting up a George Script would be to just use different Rooms when coaching or giving feedback:

When you configure keyboard shortcuts its only set for the current room.

So, if your students or workers are using Room 1, you can designate one of the other three rooms to be the "Lead/Teacher" room and load your preferred keymap on that room for each workstation. Then, it will be saved for future use. When you need to switch rooms, you would just hit the Room shortcut button (default is CTRL PAD [Room number]).

Each room can also have it's own color scheme and panel arrangement so the user would not be confused about which configuration they're on. The drawback to this method would be if your studio or class already used all four rooms for something specific.

Having a different set of Keyboard Shortcuts configured for each Room is a nice feature of the Rooms that I had forgotten about. Thanks for the reminder.

Is this feature mentioned in the User Manual in the section about Rooms ? It should be.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Cardin

Post by Cardin »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 08 Jul 2022, 16:08 Having a different set of Keyboard Shortcuts configured for each Room is a nice feature of the Rooms that I had forgotten about. Thanks for the reminder.

Is this feature mentioned in the User Manual in the section about Rooms ? It should be.
Yes, it is mentioned under ROOMS-"Introduction" and ROOMS-"Aim or Rooms" sections in the User Manual. The wording could be a bit more direct I suppose. Glad you mentioned that as I discovered a handy shortcut in that part of the manual: If you select another Room with the [Ctrl] + [Alt] keys pressed, the new selected Room will get all the parameters of the previous one. By this way, you can easily copy the layout of a Room into another one.
TVPaint 11 Pro(11.7.2-64bits) Nov 14, 2023 Release
System: i9-13900K, 128GB RAM, Intel Arc A770(16GB), Win 11 (Ver. 10.0.22621 Build 22621)
Wacom Cintiq 4K (Driver 6.4.5-5 Jan 25, 2024)