Need Urgent Help Transferring my License!!! Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
LVEGA10

Need Urgent Help Transferring my License!!!

Post by LVEGA10 »

Hello! I was just assigned a project at work and my laptop is sputtering out. I need to transfer my TVPaint Professional License to my PC. I downloaded it without a dongle, and so I can't just switch back and forth. So I am trying to transfer my TV Paint License through the WIBU CodeMeter Control Center, but I am not able to because my License/Serial Number Container is not transferable to the computer.

I have everything I need except that part, and I've followed the WIBU and TVPaint step by step, but nothing explains that part. Has anyone else had this issue/is there an easy coding line that I can input to the WIBU Command Prompt to copy a container or edit a containers serial number?

Thanks! :o
D.T. Nethery

Re: Need Urgent Help Transferring my License!!!

Post by D.T. Nethery »

LVEGA10 wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 07:53 Hello! I was just assigned a project at work and my laptop is sputtering out. I need to transfer my TVPaint Professional License to my PC. I downloaded it without a dongle, and so I can't just switch back and forth. So I am trying to transfer my TV Paint License through the WIBU CodeMeter Control Center, but I am not able to because my License/Serial Number Container is not transferable to the computer.

I have everything I need except that part, and I've followed the WIBU and TVPaint step by step, but nothing explains that part. Has anyone else had this issue/is there an easy coding line that I can input to the WIBU Command Prompt to copy a container or edit a containers serial number?

Thanks! :o

You need to rehost the license. To do this , use your personal license depot link that was emailed to you from TVPaint. (If you lost the license depot link I'm afraid you'll have to wait until Monday when they are back in the office so they can resend you the license depot link. ) At the license depot link follow the steps to DEACTIVATE your license on the computer it is currently assigned to (your laptop). You must do that before you rehost it on your PC. If you don't deactivate it first from the old computer , you won't be able to activate the license on the new computer.

After you have deactivated the license on your laptop, now go to your PC. Log-in to your TVPaint Account and download the software and install it . After having installed TVPaint Animation and CodeMeter and ensuring that CodeMeter is running, then open your personal license depot link from the PC.

Now ACTIVATE the license.

See: https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... ibu-rehost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J11FGi51FuU

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
LVEGA10

Re: Need Urgent Help Transferring my License!!!

Post by LVEGA10 »

Thank you for your help!