Dot appears at beginning of brush strokes?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Dot appears at beginning of brush strokes?

Post by Dean »

Just loaded up the tool and tested it:

With a Profile like this, it will always look like it is used at maximum pressure. Is this intended?
Probably a vampire
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

ttrangmar wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 14:03 My Tablet is a Cintiq 13 screen tablet, Wacom, driver version is 6.3.44-3.
Hi, the latest driver version is 6.3.45-1. Would you mind trying this version of the driver ?

Then, given you're on Windows, let's make an attempt :
1) install the latest TVPaint **demo**
2) open %APPDATA% and delete all the "tvp animation ** demo" folders to start fresh (the other tvp* folders are your current version settings ... be careful not to delete them)
3) open the demo version and install your tool
4) tell us if you still have the same issue
ttrangmar

Post by ttrangmar »

Just loaded up the tool and tested it:
With a Profile like this, it will always look like it is used at maximum pressure. Is this intended?
Yes- I want it to always look this way.
Last edited by ttrangmar on 18 Jan 2022, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
ttrangmar

Post by ttrangmar »

Xavier wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 14:55
ttrangmar wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 14:03 My Tablet is a Cintiq 13 screen tablet, Wacom, driver version is 6.3.44-3.
Hi, the latest driver version is 6.3.45-1. Would you mind trying this version of the driver ?

Then, given you're on Windows, let's make an attempt :
1) install the latest TVPaint **demo**
2) open %APPDATA% and delete all the "tvp animation ** demo" folders to start fresh (the other tvp* folders are your current version settings ... be careful not to delete them)
3) open the demo version and install your tool
4) tell us if you still have the same issue
I've tried now to do this method- I am still getting the little circle at the beginning of line strokes.
BeniMorard

Post by BeniMorard »

I got the same Issue. Has been around since forever. And I am talking multiple Versions of Mac Os and also multiple Wacom Drivers. Even different Wacom Products. It's always there.

Something is clearly wrong with the pencil tool.

From my experience it appears as soon as you make any changes to the pressure-curve of the pencil tool.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

BeniMorard wrote: 20 Sep 2022, 09:06 I got the same Issue. Has been around since forever. And I am talking multiple Versions of Mac Os and also multiple Wacom Drivers. Even different Wacom Products. It's always there.

Something is clearly wrong with the pencil tool.

From my experience it appears as soon as you make any changes to the pressure-curve of the pencil tool.
Just as documentation for the developers to try to solve this issue I wanted to add that I have never had this issue with pencil tool causing a little dot to appear at the beginning of a stroke. I'm on Mac OS 12.5 Monterey (other specs in my signature). Previously on Mac OS Mojave and High Sierra I also did not have the issue described.

Note that I use a now "ancient" Cintiq , the 21UX model which is not very high-resolution. Perhaps the Wacom drivers for the newer high-resolution Cintiqs are the cause ? And/or an issue with Mac Retina screens? With my old Cintiq and my old Intuos 5 I don't get this issue of a dot at the start of brush strokes ,either with brush tool or pencil tool. My previous Macbook Pro running Sierra,High Sierra,and Mojave was a retina screen , but I always draw on the Cintiq 21UX screen. Now I am using a Mac Mini with MacOS Monterey ,but the same old Cintiq 21UX (and my second monitor is a 23" LG monitor, which I think is 1920 x 1080 resolution)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, just a quick update on this issue: so far we have had only 3 users encounter it. 2 on MacOS and 1 on Windows, but we've been unable to recreate it at the office. One of them had the dot when using the eraser and not with the pencil.
I opened their custom brushes in TVPaint versions on Windows and MacOS, end to end I have spent multiple hours testing these, but nothing, even when forcing my TVPaint to have "artificial lags" by setting up a heavy task in parallel on another application! So weird!
The only thing in common between these users is that they use Wacom tablets. I will see with the devs if they can find something in the code.
Probably a vampire
BeniMorard

Post by BeniMorard »

Maybe important Update:

I am using the latest Generation of Wacom Cintiq. 24" pro 4k.
There has been problems with lag in the past because TVPaint still has no full rez 4k interface.