TVPaint Linux

To talk about anything else
CartoonMonkey

TVPaint Linux

Post by CartoonMonkey »

Something interesting for you Linux users. Don't use Debian, but want to use TVPaint?
Distrobox might be a solution. Here it is in use on the Steam Deck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkkyNA31KOA
tribute27

Re: TVPaint Linux

Post by tribute27 »

Oh that's awesome. I've never used linux but since I've got my deck I wanted to dive into it a bit more and was just wondering if tvpaint would be able to run in it. This is really cool, thanks for the link!
Windows 10 64-bit | AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | TVPaint Animation 11 Pro WIBU (11.7.1-64 bits) | Wacom Cintiq Pro 27
CartoonMonkey

Re: TVPaint Linux

Post by CartoonMonkey »

Let me know! I thought the above was interested, because it opens the door to be able to run any type of Linux software on any other distro. I was sort of interested in using my iPad Pro along with the steam deck, with a software like Astropad… of course that could work with running Windows on the Steam Deck. TVPaint running on Windows / Steam deck then running easycanvas pro (tethered) to the iPad Pro. Not sure if there’s a Linux equivalent for Easycanvas. But yeah, the Steam Deck presents some interesting questions. My old MobileStudio Pro is cool, but a slow old beast at this point. (And so heavy!)