adjust camera spline while monitoring in camera view

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Holger

adjust camera spline while monitoring in camera view

Post by Holger »

I'm working on a project where the camera work will be done later in Aftereffects, but I need to approximate it already in TVP to follow my animation moving across the BG. I want to fine tune the camera move. For me it always switches back to project view while I adjust the camera spline curve and I have to use trial and error guess work and then press play to see if I got it right. Are we able to force TVP to stay in camera view while we adjust the camera spline curve?
Mac mini
Intel Core i7
3 GHz
16 GB
TVPaint 11.0.10 pro (mac-64)
D.T. Nethery

Re: adjust camera spline while monitoring in camera view

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Holger wrote: 26 Sep 2022, 15:44 I'm working on a project where the camera work will be done later in Aftereffects, but I need to approximate it already in TVP to follow my animation moving across the BG. I want to fine tune the camera move. For me it always switches back to project view while I adjust the camera spline curve and I have to use trial and error guess work and then press play to see if I got it right. Are we able to force TVP to stay in camera view while we adjust the camera spline curve?
Can you show sceenshots or a screen capture video of what you're trying to do ?

When I set up a camera move I stretch out the Camera Time Profile over the length of the scene, then set my start and stop points (for any HOLDS set a "flatline" section where the camera will stop , then start again). If I just scrub over the scene it always stays in camera view (as below) . Even if I press Play to watch it playback in real time it returns to this camera timeline view after playback is finished.

See the attached screencapture video demo'ing with a very short scene , but it would be the same procedure if it were a longer scene.

TVPaint_Camera_Move_with_eases_hold_in_middle.jpg

Attachments
Adjusting Camera Time Profile_TVPaint.mov
(27.97 MiB) Downloaded 195 times

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Holger

Post by Holger »

Thanks you David! Your QT unlocked the mystery. In the display drop down at bottom right I toggled on show camera. Now I can see what I'm doing. What does follow camera do?
Mac mini
Intel Core i7
3 GHz
16 GB
TVPaint 11.0.10 pro (mac-64)
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Holger wrote: 26 Sep 2022, 16:56 Thanks you David! Your QT unlocked the mystery. In the display drop down at bottom right I toggled on show camera. Now I can see what I'm doing.
That's good to read! I'm glad that was helpful.

Holger wrote: 26 Sep 2022, 16:56 What does follow camera do?
I don't actually know. I've never used it. I will try it and report back here (unless someone from TVPaint Development beats me to it).

-

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1