Change default tvpp backup settings to save our servers :')

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
NathanOtano

Change default tvpp backup settings to save our servers :')

Post by NathanOtano »

Hey all!
Since the latest vesrions, tvpaint is automatically set so people have a tvpp backup folder next to their files when they save. While it's a good idea so they know the feature exists, it's a huge problem for professional companies cause it means a lot of data is echanged on the server/through internet syncs and it can quickly get huge amounts of data blocking internet or lan data transfers

I think it would be much better to set a default folder on user's computers if you wand to keep versionning that way by default. I also think the "warning" option it fine as default. Even better, the first prompts could suggest other backup solutions so it's a choice from the user to chose which folder they should backup files to (with default folder that could be their dekstop or at the root of their user folder or documents)

Please save our servers and the planet :') sometimes TVPaints files can go beyond 1GB, and with 20 or more aritsts on a production it can get quiet far in terms of data for a simple day of work
Best,
Nathan
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.