TVPaint 11.7.1 operation check

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Hironori Takagi

TVPaint 11.7.1 operation check

Post by Hironori Takagi »

I confirmed the added features while translating the TVPaint 11.7.1 release notes.
I am aware of the below issues.

(1)
Right clicking on the Camera tool now opens the Camera global settings.
After changing to the camera tool, this operation is no longer possible.

(2)
An option has been added in the Preferences > General to allow instance renaming when double clicking. This option is deactivated by default.
I found it hard to notice that we need double-click the thumbnail above it instead of double-clicking the instance number position. If it is difficult to change, I will judge that this point is unavoidable.

(3)
A button has also been added to center the timeline on the current instance and layer:
The current behavior of this added button was to show the state of the project view when pressed while the camera view was playing. Is it as intended by the person making the request?

(4)
Import / Export: DPI values are now displayed when importing an image.
I imported jpeg and png with embedded dpi, but the display was "72", the same as in 11.7.0.

(5)
When opening the import panel, the start frame is initialized to the current frame position.
Isn't the intention of this improvement that, for example, when 0005 is specified when importing serial numbers from 0001 to 0010, the start frame will be 5? Since the start frame did not change at 1, it is confirmation.

(6)
Added function tv_ProjecGetDpi./Added function tv_ProjectSetDpi:
I would like to ask why the George command to resize images to match dpi changes was not provided this time.

(7)
Changed the tv_LayerComputeExposure function to take into account the threshold: you only need to parse the last parameter to get the threshold value.
I tried to run tv_ReComputeExposure, but I confirmed the problem that it is easy to crash when the threshold is larger than 0.001. can it be mitigated?

(8)
You can now set the Keyframer pivot point by clicking and dragging it.
Crash when invoking keyframer FX via Effects->Motion->KeyFramer method. Reported in another thread.

(9)
You can assign a shortcut for fill brush's "fill inside" checkbox (see "Toogle Fill Inside")
This command appears in English menus, but not in Japanese menus.

(10)
When importing an image that doesn't have DPI information, the default value (72) is not used.
Importing a tga image (without dpi information) resulted in a dpi value of "72".

I apologize for pointing out so many details.
My hope is that (4)(8)(9) can be resolved with a hotfix.
Thank you for your confirmation.
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: TVPaint 11.7.1 operation check

Post by Thierry »

Hironori Takagi wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 01:49 (1)
Right clicking on the Camera tool now opens the Camera global settings.
After changing to the camera tool, this operation is no longer possible.
Good catch!
It won't be in this week's hotfix, but will be present in the next software update.
Hironori Takagi wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 01:49 (2)
An option has been added in the Preferences > General to allow instance renaming when double clicking. This option is deactivated by default.
I found it hard to notice that we need double-click the thumbnail above it instead of double-clicking the instance number position. If it is difficult to change, I will judge that this point is unavoidable.
What we did was restore the feature that was present in TVPaint 10, but was removed in 11.
We will see for a later update if we can also add the double click on the instance number position, but this does not have a high priority at the moment.
Hironori Takagi wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 01:49 (3)
A button has also been added to center the timeline on the current instance and layer:
The current behavior of this added button was to show the state of the project view when pressed while the camera view was playing. Is it as intended by the person making the request?
I am not sure I understand.
Hironori Takagi wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 01:49 (4)
Import / Export: DPI values are now displayed when importing an image.
I imported jpeg and png with embedded dpi, but the display was "72", the same as in 11.7.0.
We noticed that this only happens when you are drag'n'dropping the image in the software. If you use "File > Open Import", it will work fine.
We are on it, it should be solved for this week's hotfix.
Hironori Takagi wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 01:49 (5)
When opening the import panel, the start frame is initialized to the current frame position.
Isn't the intention of this improvement that, for example, when 0005 is specified when importing serial numbers from 0001 to 0010, the start frame will be 5? Since the start frame did not change at 1, it is confirmation.
This is when you import an image as a new layer, to correctly place the image instead of putting it in the beginning of the timeline.
I will update the changelog to make it clearer.
Hironori Takagi wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 01:49 (6)
Added function tv_ProjecGetDpi./Added function tv_ProjectSetDpi:
I would like to ask why the George command to resize images to match dpi changes was not provided this time.
It wasn't in the list. We'll see for the next software update.
Hironori Takagi wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 01:49 (7)
Changed the tv_LayerComputeExposure function to take into account the threshold: you only need to parse the last parameter to get the threshold value.
I tried to run tv_ReComputeExposure, but I confirmed the problem that it is easy to crash when the threshold is larger than 0.001. can it be mitigated?
I tried to use tv_LayerRecomputeExposure, but didn't get a crash.
Can you tell me how you wrote the command?
Hironori Takagi wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 01:49 (8)
You can now set the Keyframer pivot point by clicking and dragging it.
Crash when invoking keyframer FX via Effects->Motion->KeyFramer method. Reported in another thread.

(9)
You can assign a shortcut for fill brush's "fill inside" checkbox (see "Toogle Fill Inside")
This command appears in English menus, but not in Japanese menus.
(8) will be addressed in a hotfix this week.
(9) should be resolved as well.
Hironori Takagi wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 01:49 (10)
When importing an image that doesn't have DPI information, the default value (72) is not used.
Importing a tga image (without dpi information) resulted in a dpi value of "72".
My apologies, this was a mistake in the changelog.
It should read: "When importing an image that doesn't have DPI information, the default value (72) is used.".
I will edit the changelog.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Hironori Takagi

Thank you for many confirmations.
Supplement with additional.

(1)(2)(5)(6)(8)(9)(10)→All right.
The Japanese translation will also change the explanation.

(3)
I would like to know the intention of the person who requested this function because it is not what I requested,
but currently it is a function that displays the original position when pressed during playback in camera view.
I asked because I feel that it does not match the description of the tooltip.
221213_to_thierry_1.jpg
(4)
As a result of File → Open/Import, png reflected dpi and jpeg was not reflected.
Also, our studio staffs and Japanese users use tv_LoadImage to import custom panels that I created, so I hope that this command will also be supported.
221213_to_thierry_2.jpg
(7)
There was a comment in this post that 0.001 is the optimum value for Threshold.
viewtopic.php?t=14326
The probability of crashing seems to rise sharply when the value is larger than this.
221213_to_thierry_3.jpg
Attached config, crashed at 0.003.

I would especially like to see a solution for (4). thank you.
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020
jonathan_tvpaint
Site Admin

Post by jonathan_tvpaint »

Hi Hironori Takagi,

regarding the issue you show with this picture
221213_to_thierry_2.jpg
I need 2 informations.
Can you send me in MP the image file used for your screenshot?
Can you send me too your config file (C:\Users\h-takagi\AppData\Roaming\tvp animation 11 pro\default\config.ini)?

Thank you very much for your help
Hironori Takagi

I attach.
(1) A jpeg file that has been confirmed to have 300dpi information embedded in Photoshop
(2) the config file I'm currently using

Please confirm.
Attachments
a4_300dpi_2480x3508px.jpg
config.ini
(578.24 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hironori Takagi wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 02:34(4)
As a result of File → Open/Import, png reflected dpi and jpeg was not reflected.
Also, our studio staffs and Japanese users use tv_LoadImage to import custom panels that I created, so I hope that this command will also be supported.
221213_to_thierry_2.jpg
When importing into the current project, DPI value of the imported image will be changed to the project's DPI.
When importing as a new project, the new project's DPI will be the same as the imported image's DPI.

As tv_LoadImage loads into the current project and not into a new one, it's normal that the project where the image is imported does not change DPI.
jonathan_tvpaint
Site Admin

Post by jonathan_tvpaint »

Hironori Takagi wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 11:19 I attach.
(1) A jpeg file that has been confirmed to have 300dpi information embedded in Photoshop
(2) the config file I'm currently using

Please confirm.

Thank you for your picture. I succeed to reproduce issue in our side. I can now assess the bug to fix it.
Hironori Takagi

Thierry wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 11:27
Hironori Takagi wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 02:34(4)
221213_to_thierry_2.jpg
When importing into the current project, DPI value of the imported image will be changed to the project's DPI.
When importing as a new project, the new project's DPI will be the same as the imported image's DPI.

As tv_LoadImage loads into the current project and not into a new one, it's normal that the project where the image is imported does not change DPI.
Okay.
I think that the newly set tv_ProjectGetDpi is a command to get the dpi of the current project without a factor,
but is it possible to get it from the image file by specifying iPath? This point is very important because it depends on whether or not continuous reading can be automated in one operation.
This is a very important matter, so I would like to ask you again.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hironori Takagi wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 01:41I think that the newly set tv_ProjectGetDpi is a command to get the dpi of the current project without a factor,
but is it possible to get it from the image file by specifying iPath? This point is very important because it depends on whether or not continuous reading can be automated in one operation.
Noted.
It will be too short to have this in the hotfix for this week, but we will try to do it for the next software update.
In the meantime, can you give more details about how this specific command would be used? How does knowing the DPI of an image on the disk (so not in the project) will help you in your workflow?
Hironori Takagi

Thierry wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 09:19
Hironori Takagi wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 01:41I think that the newly set tv_ProjectGetDpi is a command to get the dpi of the current project without a factor,
Noted.
It will be too short to have this in the hotfix for this week, but we will try to do it for the next software update.
In the meantime, can you give more details about how this specific command would be used? How does knowing the DPI of an image on the disk (so not in the project) will help you in your workflow?
The current problem in the studio is the need for print resolution in workflows that mix paper in the layout-key-animation process. Unfortunately,
the share of TVPaint in Japan is about 10% at most, and the director adds corrections with the tools (including paper and pencil) that can work the fastest,
and staff such as production managers digitize them again.
I provide a custom panel called ImportFolder mainly for Japanese users.This panel imports exported images (multiple folders or layer headers)
to TVPaint with one button and a few operations. It realizes the operation of arranging, for example,
when importing export images of 20 layers/folders, there is a clear difference in setup time.
Importing using this panel currently does not support maintaining dpi information, and staff who use paper or other applications have complained of incompatibilities.

I've introduced it several times in the past, but here's the latest version of the panel at the moment.
Attachments
ImportFolder_210915.tvpx
(138 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hironori Takagi wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 02:34(3)
I would like to know the intention of the person who requested this function because it is not what I requested,
but currently it is a function that displays the original position when pressed during playback in camera view.
I asked because I feel that it does not match the description of the tooltip.
This button is not to be used during playback. It's a button that help center the timeline view to the selected layer and the selected frame.
For example, let's say you have 10 layers and 100 frames. You have selected the third frame and the second layer. If your timeline view is currently showing the layers 6 to 10 and frames 55 to 100, then this button will center the timeline view to show the third frame and the second layer.
Hironori Takagi wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 09:57 The current problem in the studio is the need for print resolution in workflows that mix paper in the layout-key-animation process. Unfortunately,
the share of TVPaint in Japan is about 10% at most, and the director adds corrections with the tools (including paper and pencil) that can work the fastest,
and staff such as production managers digitize them again.
I provide a custom panel called ImportFolder mainly for Japanese users.This panel imports exported images (multiple folders or layer headers)
to TVPaint with one button and a few operations. It realizes the operation of arranging, for example,
when importing export images of 20 layers/folders, there is a clear difference in setup time.
Importing using this panel currently does not support maintaining dpi information, and staff who use paper or other applications have complained of incompatibilities.

I've introduced it several times in the past, but here's the latest version of the panel at the moment.
Thank you for the details, this is helpful for us.
We did create the George command, but we are having issues with the jpeg format at the moment. PNG works without issues however.
We will see what we can do with jpeg format, but I cannot promise it will be there for this week's hotfix.

Whatever the outcome we will keep you informed.
Hironori Takagi

I understand (3).
I noticed that when the number of frames on the timeline is long, it is a function that allows you to instantly move to the location of the timeline bar (red line).
Thank you for your continued support regarding (4).
Hironori Takagi

I and Japanese user found more bugs in TVPaint 11.7.1.

(11)When use tv_SetActiveShape “crop”, can not excute
q111.jpg
Sorry for adding.

(Point (12) in my first post was incorrect. I apologize.)
Hironori Takagi

Regarding the problem of (11), it was not resolved even with Windows version tvpaint 11.7.1 (Dec 16 2022).
Since it is a command that is especially used in my studio, I strongly hope that it will be resolved in 11.7.2.