TVPaint Animation 11.7.1 is now available.
This is the last update for the year, containing lots of bug fixes, and some much requested additions, like setting the Keyframer pivot point by drag and dropping, no longer centering the timeline when moving in it...
Please note that due to unforseen technical issues, there is no Linux version of TVPaint 11.7.1 at the moment. The Linux builds will come at a later date.
What’s new in TVPaint 11.7.1?
- Rotation has been added to the Crop Tool.
- You can now lock what’s out of the selection in the Warp Tool.
- RMB eraser should not be affected by line smoothing.
- Line smoothing is now deactivated when switching to eraser.
- Right clicking on the Camera tool now opens the Camera global settings.
- An option has been added in the Preferences > General to allow instance renaming when double clicking. This option is deactivated by default.
- Time profile curves are now undoable.
- When opening a TVPaint file, the default project is now closed if it hasn't been used.
- It is now easier to reset a point in the Warp Tool grid.
- You can now delete image content when "Preserve Transparency" is enabled on a layer.
- When moving in the Timeline, you should no longer get back to the selected layer and image when moving layer or instance.
- A button has also been added to center the timeline on the current instance and layer:
- A secondary button has been added to play the selected clip:
- Changed clip naming convention: by default, clips are now named “Clip_001”, “Clip_002”… instead of “Untitled”.
- DPI values are now displayed when importing an image.
- DPI information should now be there when exporting the clip structure.
- When opening the import panel, the start frame is initialized to the current frame position.
- In the Export Panel, "Correct aspect" & "Stretch to frame rate" are now unchecked by default.
- A warning has been added when exporting and resizing a project containing an active CTG layer.
- Added function tv_ProjecGetDpi.
- Added function tv_ProjectSetDpi:
Code: Select all
tv_ProjectSetDpi [projectId] dpi
- Changed the tv_LayerComputeExposure function to take into account the threshold: you only need to parse the last parameter to get the threshold value.
- DPI information should now be there when using George tv_SaveDisplay, tv_ClipSaveStructure
- You can now set the Keyframer pivot point by clicking and dragging it.
- When applying some FXs like Keyframer and Multiplane Camera, if your Source is either Color Group or Selected Layers, the software will now ask you if you want the FX to be applied on a new layer.
- Color Groups can now be used as source for Keyframer and Multiplane Camera.
- You can now toggle visibility of layers in the Multiplane Camera.
- Shortcuts have been added for Storyboard view modes.
- Add a shortcut to copy clips selection when drag&drop : CTRL, click&drag.
- You can assign a shortcut to Cycle between actions for each custom panel.
- You can assign a shortcut for fill brush's "fill inside" checkbox (see "Toogle Fill Inside")
- In Project view, you can now set a shortcut to show the first & last frame of the clip, instead of layer boundaries. (see "Clip: Goto Head" and "Clip: Goto Tail")
What has been fixed and/or improved in TVPaint 11.7.1?
- Fixed a software freeze that could happen when opening the recent files menu.
- Panels magnetized to each other shouldn't move anymore when clicked.
- Tool preview settings should now correctly be saved in the Preferences Panel.
- The drag’n’drop should only start when moving the cursor.
- Note during project scrub should now refresh.
- You should no longer be able to go in the negative images by dragging instances beyond the starting frame.
- A display bug appearing when using the "Zoom to zone" icon in the main panel has been fixed.
- Video in panel : the setting button is disabled when it is not applicable.
- Missing sound dependencies: selecting another location and using it for next search should now work.
- You can now move a layer below the last invisible layer.
- Merge layers with stencil "on" should not anymore break all exposures.
- CTG is now applied on project if the first frame different from 0.
- When a CTG layer is deactivated, it no longer continues to work in the background and slow down the application.
- When moving a layer, the cursor no longer moves with the layer.
- Frame numbers show up on the timeline once again.
- In the Import Footage panel, navigating through the frames with left & right keys should no longer skip frames.
- "Lock aspect ratio" has been renamed to "Fix pixel ratio" in the Import/Export panels.
- Wen importing an image that doesn't have DPI information, the default value (72) is used.
- A bug preventing an image to be correctly named after exporting has been fixed in the export panel.
- When importing, new layer now takes preference/layer preset creation into consideration.
- Update project size units in the project information panel for English language.
- The Preferences Panel option allowing the timeline not to be compacted is not correctly saved when exiting the software.
- Reapply Stroke only works for drawing mode, instead of drawing and erase mode.