Play with the Camera View doesn't work

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Zane

Play with the Camera View doesn't work

Post by Zane »

Hello, the PLAY WITH THE CAMERA VIEW doesn't work on my TVPaint suddenly, when I check and uncheck that option the preview is still showing the whole canvas.

TVPaint 11.7.1 Pro
OS Win10
Tablet: Cintiq 16
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Play with the Camera View doesn't work

Post by Dean »

Hello, did the issue appear during a work session, overnight or had you not tried using camera movements on 11.7.1 yet?
Probably a vampire
Zane

Post by Zane »

Dean wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 12:11 Hello, did the issue appear during a work session, overnight or had you not tried using camera movements on 11.7.1 yet?
Hello, I think it appeared just after I tried to delete the Config.ini during STARTUP PANEL to deal with the problem of the crashing when panning a layer with transparency locked. Doing so didn't fix the previous problem and it brought up this new issue..

And I just realize it doesn't even play normally like with the PLAY WITH THE CAMERA VIEW disabled, when I play it the camera doesn't go away either

BTW I've tried reusing the backup config file to see if it was because of the new one but it doesn't work
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I also had this issue briefly appear and then mysteriously disappear, so I have no idea what caused the problem. This was in 11.7.1 (Dec. 22, 2022). Play with Camera View stopped working. I was on a deadline so I closed out of 11.7.1 and returned to 11.7 . Later I created a fresh config for 11.7.1 and then Play with Camera View worked again, but it also worked when I reopened my previous config . I did not report it because the problem did not persist and I had no idea what may have caused it to happen , so I put it down in the category of "odd temporary glitch" . But now that I see other people reporting the problem I thought I better mention that I also experienced this issue , although it has not reoccurred .

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

I managed to reproduce the issue for a brief time, but for me restarting the software/deleting the configuration file seems to make it go away.
Zane wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 12:34 And I just realize it doesn't even play normally like with the PLAY WITH THE CAMERA VIEW disabled, when I play it the camera doesn't go away either
I have difficulties visualising this. A screenshot or short video would help :)
Probably a vampire
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Dean wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 15:02 I managed to reproduce the issue for a brief time, but for me restarting the software/deleting the configuration file seems to make it go away.
Zane wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 12:34 And I just realize it doesn't even play normally like with the PLAY WITH THE CAMERA VIEW disabled, when I play it the camera doesn't go away either

I think I understand what Zane means. I can't make a screenshot or video of the problem because on mine the problem went away, but I can provide a simulation of what happens. It looks like the attached screencapture video , where you see the Camera HUD displayed on screen during playback. It doesn't display the playback with Camera View Enabled , but you do see the camera HUD superimposed over the images during playback. (of course I am simulating this by simply scrolling over the timeline , but this is what playback looks like in the case that Zane describes).
Attachments
TVPaint Camera_HUD_displayed_on_playback.mov
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 187 times

Zane

Post by Zane »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 15:23
Dean wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 15:02 I managed to reproduce the issue for a brief time, but for me restarting the software/deleting the configuration file seems to make it go away.

I think I understand what Zane means. I can't make a screenshot or video of the problem because on mine the problem went away, but I can provide a simulation of what happens. It looks like the attached screencapture video , where you see the Camera HUD displayed on screen during playback. It doesn't display the playback with Camera View Enabled , but you do see the camera HUD superimposed over the images during playback. (of course I am simulating this by simply scrolling over the timeline , but this is what playback looks like in the case that Zane describes).
YES this is exactly the problem I'm facing right now
Zane

Post by Zane »

Hello this is the video: https://youtu.be/Yf3b8yF0R-A
ini

Post by ini »

I also experienced these and refered it as an side ploblem from other main ploblem,
which was proxy rendering ploblem in 11.7.1

https://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?t=15305
ini wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 09:48 -I found when this occuring, Play with the Camera View is not working.
as well as camera works are not working.
yeah, I could fix the them with deleting 'config.ini' file, and the symptom was gone for a while....
But it ocurred again after some days so, as a result, I returend to 11.7.0
e-mail : ini@7ini.com twitter : @Ain_is_
-----------------------------------------------------
TVPaint 11 PRO STD (11.7.0 - 64bits) on
AMD Ryzen9 5950x, 3080 &2080ti, 128GB ram, Windows10, Cintiq 27 Pro (DTH-271)

TVPaint 11 PRO WIBU (11.5.1 - 64bits) on
Cintiq Mobile Studio Pro 13 (DTH-W1321H)
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Proxy rendering is being taken care of.
ini wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 21:01 yeah, I could fix the them with deleting 'config.ini' file, and the symptom was gone for a while....
But it ocurred again after some days so, as a result, I returend to 11.7.0
Do you remember which TVPaint options you might have changed between resetting the config and experiencing the issue again some days later?
Probably a vampire
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 13:50 I also had this issue briefly appear and then mysteriously disappear, so I have no idea what caused the problem. This was in 11.7.1 (Dec. 22, 2022). Play with Camera View stopped working. I was on a deadline so I closed out of 11.7.1 and returned to 11.7 . Later I created a fresh config for 11.7.1 and then Play with Camera View worked again, but it also worked when I reopened my previous config . I did not report it because the problem did not persist and I had no idea what may have caused it to happen , so I put it down in the category of "odd temporary glitch" . But now that I see other people reporting the problem I thought I better mention that I also experienced this issue , although it has not reoccurred .
I had this issue happen again today! Nothing has changed about my TVPaint configuration that I am aware of.
However , when I tried to apply a camera move the Play With Camera View did not work . (this is in 11.7.1).

I saved the scene and reopened it in v. 11.7 and Play with Camera View works as expected.

See the attached screen capture videos. One video shows the problem in 11.7.1. The other video shows Play with Camera View working correctly in 11.7 .
Attachments
Playback with Camera view in 11.7 works correctly.mov
(17.96 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
Playback with Camera View not working_11.7.1.mov
(8.26 MiB) Downloaded 195 times

Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

Hi David,

Thank you for those videos: we have been doing some testing and Sébastien found something that could be the culprit. We will try to fix this as soon as we can.