11.7.1 Crash when panning an layer with transparency locked

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Zane

11.7.1 Crash when panning an layer with transparency locked

Post by Zane »

Hello, in 11.7.1 when you pan an image with the layer transparency locked the tvpaint will crash, and it happens so many times to me because I always forget to check if the layer I want to pan has transparency locked before I pan the image and everytime I reopen it I have to redraw so many things I did...please fix it soon..

Tvpaint 11.7.1
Tablet: Cintiq 16
Dean
Site Admin

Re: 11.7.1 Crash when panning an layer with transparency locked

Post by Dean »

Hello Zane, I just tried to do a panning operation on a layer with the "preserve transparency" option enabled and TVPaint doesn't crash for me.
The software should just prevent you from moving content with the panning tool by returning it to its previous position when you release the click.
The crash might originate from a configuration file conflict.

Here is how to backup your custom settings: https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... m-settings

Then in the Startup tab of the TVPaint Preferences, you can enable the Startup Panel at TVPaint's launch:

After relaunching TVPaint, from the Startup panel, you can delete your configuration file if you are using Standard Edition or create multiple config files if you are using Professional.

This will allow you to try with a fresh configuration.

You could also backup your configuration file (config.ini) by copying in from the folder inside "AppData\Roaming\tvp animation 11\default"

Here is how to access the Appdata folder:

Open the Windos "Run" window using CTRL + R
Type %appadata% in the search bar
Press Enter
Probably a vampire
Zane

Post by Zane »

Dean wrote: 18 Jan 2023, 09:41 Hello Zane, I just tried to do a panning operation on a layer with the "preserve transparency" option enabled and TVPaint doesn't crash for me.
The software should just prevent you from moving content with the panning tool by returning it to its previous position when you release the click.
The crash might originate from a configuration file conflict.

Here is how to backup your custom settings: https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... m-settings

Then in the Startup tab of the TVPaint Preferences, you can enable the Startup Panel at TVPaint's launch:

After relaunching TVPaint, from the Startup panel, you can delete your configuration file if you are using Standard Edition or create multiple config files if you are using Professional.

This will allow you to try with a fresh configuration.

You could also backup your configuration file (config.ini) by copying in from the folder inside "AppData\Roaming\tvp animation 11\default"

Here is how to access the Appdata folder:

Open the Windos "Run" window using CTRL + R
Type %appadata% in the search bar
Press Enter
Thanks for the replying, about the config backup, does it mean that I can just copy and paste the config.ini so that I don't need to export all of the custom settings one by one?
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Sadly the config file doesn't contain everything, so things such as custom panels must be backed up too.
Probably a vampire
Zane

Post by Zane »

Dean wrote: 18 Jan 2023, 13:16 Sadly the config file doesn't contain everything, so things such as custom panels must be backed up too.
Hello, I just tried the method mentioned above, but it doesn't work, I chose the OPEN STARTUP PANEL and then deleted my Config.ini, but the problem still exists. BTW I'm using professional version
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Zane, could you post a short video of the issue occuring?
Maybe I missed something when trying to reproduce it.
Probably a vampire
Zane

Post by Zane »

Dean wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 07:57 Hello Zane, could you post a short video of the issue occuring?
Maybe I missed something when trying to reproduce it.
Hello, this is the video: https://youtu.be/Ao27NRRPJVg
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, this is what I get when doing the same process on a layer with a configuration similar to yours:
TVPaint_Animation_11.7.1_Pro_(64bits)_gFLnP93MbR.mp4
(972.13 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
But I see that you also have some guidelines activated, could you post a screenshot of your guideline parameters, please?
Probably a vampire
Zane

Post by Zane »

Dean wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 13:55 Hello, this is what I get when doing the same process on a layer with a configuration similar to yours:

TVPaint_Animation_11.7.1_Pro_(64bits)_gFLnP93MbR.mp4

But I see that you also have some guidelines activated, could you post a screenshot of your guideline parameters, please?
Hello, here is my guideline setting:

Does it have something to do with this problem? I tried turning it off but it's still not fixed
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

No crash on my side with the Field Chart enabled either.
Do you experience the crash with any project or just this one? If it's only with this one file, please send it to me via PM.
Probably a vampire
Zane

Post by Zane »

Dean wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 14:56 No crash on my side with the Field Chart enabled either.
Do you experience the crash with any project or just this one? If it's only with this one file, please send it to me via PM.
Unfortunately this problem occurs with any project.. :(
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Does it occur with any dimesions/projects settings?
So far nobody at the office has been able to recreate the bug
Probably a vampire
tribute27

Post by tribute27 »

Wanted to add that Im getting this same crash when the transparency is locked as well. I've reset my configs and panning/transforming still freezes and crashes the project. Happens to all my project files. Will try fiddling around the settings some more.

edit: I've set up a separate config folder and still get crashes. Special note that this does not happen with 11.5 version which I've made its own config folder too, just it case it was conflicting with the 11.7
Windows 10 64-bit | AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | TVPaint Animation 11 Pro WIBU (11.7.1-64 bits) | Wacom Cintiq Pro 27
tribute27

Post by tribute27 »

I did a fresh install of tvpaint and that seems to have fixed the issue! Just need to reload all my backups lol
Windows 10 64-bit | AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | TVPaint Animation 11 Pro WIBU (11.7.1-64 bits) | Wacom Cintiq Pro 27
Zane

Post by Zane »

tribute27 wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 20:53 I did a fresh install of tvpaint and that seems to have fixed the issue! Just need to reload all my backups lol
Well then I'm gonna try that later, thanks for sharing!