Exporting Mac shortcuts for a windows machine

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Joost

Exporting Mac shortcuts for a windows machine

Post by Joost »

Hi!

My intern would like to use my (Mac) TVP keyboard shortcuts to use on his Windows machine.
Is there a proper way to do this? I use some keyboard shortcuts that contain the "cmd" button, but I also use the "ctrl for a lot of my keyboard shortcuts. I presume there is no proper way to deal with this right?

And another question:
When I export my keyboard shortcuts, TVP suggests the same name and file I'm working in, including .jpg when saving as a text file. This also happened when I'm trying to export custom panels.
The must be a bug right?
And besides that, TVP get's stuck/crashes when exporting custom panels

Thanks!

Joost
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
D.T. Nethery

Re: Exporting Mac shortcuts for a windows machine

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Joost wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 13:27
When I export my keyboard shortcuts, TVP suggests the same name and file I'm working in, including .jpg when saving as a text file.
This also happened when I'm trying to export custom panels.

The must be a bug right?
I think it is related to this bug I reported (FX Stack bin export is not named correctly) - viewtopic.php?t=15321

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Joost

Post by Joost »

Anybody that can help me answer my first question?
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Joost, according to our tests, shortcuts using the CTRL and SHIFT keys will keep working when imported . However, anything using the COMMAND key will not be displayed/usable.
Probably a vampire
Joost

Post by Joost »

Dean wrote: 24 Feb 2023, 10:06 Hello Joost, according to our tests, shortcuts using the CTRL and SHIFT keys will keep working when imported . However, anything using the COMMAND key will not be displayed/usable.
Thanks!

It would be nice to have it converted some way. Now we have to set every keyboard shortcut manually... But I see the problem. Probably no way to make a logical translation.

a suggestion could be:
Change all cmd to ctrl. If the ctrl is already taken, keep the original. Could this work?
TVP Pro 11.7.1