The Birds

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Jesoped

The Birds

Post by Jesoped »

Hi TVPainters

I want to share with you a personal project I worked on. I had so much fun working with it, using the best hand drawn animation software I've ever come across.

I hope you enjoy.

https://jespersoelberg.blogspot.com/202 ... birds.html
o0Ampy0o

Re: The Birds

Post by o0Ampy0o »

I love everything about these clips. I want to say this project is an example of how every ingredient, technique and principle applied to animation can be expressed with perfection yet avoid being cliche through the vehicle of attitude and personality. Perfection comes in many forms and personalities.
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
Jesoped

Post by Jesoped »

Thankyou very much for your extremely kind words, I am humbled and grateful for your appreciation of my work.

Kindest regards
Jesper
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Hmmmm, I thought I had commented on this before (?) , but I don't see my post. Good looking designs and the animation is very nicely done. I appreciate you sharing this. Are you doing more with those characters ? (a short film ? A series?)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Jesoped

Post by Jesoped »

Thankyou for your comment, David - it means a lot. : )

It was a personal project that I worked on in my spare time, I had an intention to pitch the project for a series, where those two animations with the blue and red bird would give one a sense of the format.
But so many work related things came up, and Covid was at it's highest - one of the studios I wanted to work with had to shut down - so much was very muddled for me at that time, the project ended resting on the shelf for over a year before I finally decided just to let it out.

I also had the idea of exploring other kinds of animals, as is evident in the link - fish, frogs and bugs, all exploring a simple one word topic, executed with the intention of communicating something with a joyous/humoristic value. My target audience was mainly children age 5 - 7, but I wanted to keep it open for those young at heart as well.

It's presentation in "Silent Stereo" was meant by playing with the rhythm in the animation, and let the scene only be shown in this white environment, having the focus solely be on the movement of the character. I wanted the audience to "feel" the sound through the movement, the use of musical notes popping out of the birds, was one of the graphic ways i tried to play with that.

I thought about just having the coloured intro be one single tibetan bowl sound, and then the rest would be silence, having a spiritual vibe at its core.