Request for 'Stylus Only' Option to Windows OS.

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
ini

Request for 'Stylus Only' Option to Windows OS.

Post by ini »

I have windows tablet that supporting the stylus.

I know there is turning off the touch function on windows,
but in some windows tablet device, It's turning off the stylus with touch together.
And default palm rejection function that the device provides is not rejecting all of it, so It's quite annoying.

That was the one of the reason that I only use wacom device (like mobile studio),
Wacom device can turn of the touch completely, with stylus turned on.

Recently, I'm tryied to use portable device on my works.
And then in the Android version, I found the they have an option in preference - 'stylus only'

That's the fuction I wanted on windows tablet, that can use stylus. like gram 360 or galaxy book 360.

There could be an suggestion like, "If so, you can use android os, why not use the android?"
I tried Android, and there was a ploblem on using george scripts on android,
https://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?t=15388
Because the shortcut on android is quite limited for me, so I tried to use more action by using george,
but I can't use most of my script on Android.

And last option to using Wacom Mobile Studio... I had a trip for tree weeks but, It's heavy to carring the device and charger or other stuff, so I couldn't use it in most time.
in the trip, I finally gave up the drawing on the portable device, but if it's possible, if there is
Alternative option - like 'george fuctioning correctly on Android' or 'stylus only' on windows OS,
It would be great option on working with portable device.

=============================================================================
I checked it on gram 360 again, seems this device is possible to distinguish touch and stylus on software that that supported by provider.
I tought it's not possible, I checked these on gram360 and galaxy book 360 few years ago and they are not possible to turn off the touch only.....or maybe my gram software was mal-functioned at that time..? so I understood that it was not possible.
I changed my ssd and re-installed windows and driver several times... so maybe originally It's possible to turn off only touch on gram 360.

but nevertheless, I hope there was an option on windows tvp like android ver.
e-mail : ini@7ini.com twitter : @Ain_is_
-----------------------------------------------------
TVPaint 11 PRO STD (11.7.0 - 64bits) on
AMD Ryzen9 5950x, 3080 &2080ti, 128GB ram, Windows10, Cintiq 27 Pro (DTH-271)

TVPaint 11 PRO WIBU (11.5.1 - 64bits) on
Cintiq Mobile Studio Pro 13 (DTH-W1321H)