ChatGPT (A.I.) helps write AE plugin code (wow)

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Svengali

ChatGPT (A.I.) helps write AE plugin code (wow)

Post by Svengali »

This morning I ran into the following YouTube video where some After Effects user, who had never written any scripts for AE or any thing else, explored the idea that he could get ChatGPT to help him write an AE script that would automate progressive offsets of selected layers based on user input.

He posted a video documenting the experiment (with a successful result, that works exactly as intended).

I'm way behind on the A.I. ChatGPT frenzy and how it works but I do know a bit about scripting. This was an eye-opener.

If you have time, check it out. The early days of A.I. assisted coding is already a thing which promises to be a profound game changer all across the script writing and code writing spectrum, for the complete novice to the seasoned scriptwriter.

The YouTube link: ChatGPT assisted scripting in AE

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
TVPUSER

Re: ChatGPT (A.I.) helps write AE plugin code (wow)

Post by TVPUSER »

I tried asking chatGPT to write something in George for TVPaint but I think this is too niche of an ask, even to a complete novice like me I knew what it spat out was unusable haha
TVPaint 11.7 Pro 64, Windows 10 Home
i7-8700k, 48GB, RTX 2080 8G, Cintiq Pro 24 (3840x2160)
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

I suspected as much - that ChatGPT would fail with GEORGE - there are currently no in-depth or wide-ranging examples of GEORGE scripting or discussions as to how GEORGE interacts with TVPaint and what TVPaint users do. If/when a future version of TVPaint uses Python scripting that could be a game changer.

I've not worked with or studied how ChatGPT can be "educated", but I suspect it might somehow be possible in the short term to provide ChatGPT with enough info on TVPaint's environment, functionality and goals, sample scripts and functions, and a greatly enhanced version of the SYNTAX and COMMANDS file to permit effective ChatGPT GEORGE script writing. Could be useful to any TVPaint users who have little experience with scripting but know what custom functionality they want or need.
sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
cgmodeler

Post by cgmodeler »

You can feed it the wiki and the command list plus a few examples of working code, then ask gpt to write a test code, sometimes it hits the spot, sometimes it doesn't even run so you have to theck the code manually. Also bing with gpt4 seems more successful at a times.
www.cocoalopez.com
vimeo / 156794487
Desktop: TVP Pro 11.0.8 - 64bit Win 7 x64 48GB RAM - GTX1070 - Cintiq 27QHD Driver 6.3.29